The Student Room Group

LSE or Bath for Accounting and Finance?

I have recieved offers from both :smile: but I can't decide where to go? :confused:

I know that LSE has a better reputation, but Bath seems like a more laid-back and there is an opportunity for a placement year which I heard is very benefical.

So to any students currently at LSE or Bath STUDYING A+F, what is the course like and what is the teaching standards/methods like?
Also what is uni life like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd go for LSE, though I don't know what the uni life is like for either.
Reply 2
May I ask your predicted grades in what subjects, cos Im curious about their entry standards.

Oh and your question, I dont want to offend anyone from Bath, but honestly the Place, aside from a few Roman tourist attractions and nearest city is Bristol (30 min drive), there is not much to do.

Where as LSE not only has the reputation, but is in London, where you're more likely to keep in contact with friends, and there really isnt an end what you can do there.
LSE. You must have good grades?
Lse.
Reply 5
Naffy
May I ask your predicted grades in what subjects, cos Im curious about their entry standards.

Oh and your question, I dont want to offend anyone from Bath, but honestly the Place, aside from a few Roman tourist attractions and being placed near the coast, there is not much to do.

Where as LSE not only has the reputation, but is in London, where you're more likely to keep in contact with friends, and there really isnt an end what you can do there.

My predicted grades are
Maths: A
Further Maths (AS level): A
Economics: A
Sociology: A
History(AS level): A

Are you also applying for LSE?
Reply 6
LSE fo sho
Erm i don't think there are any actual LSE or Bath students posting on here... So in the light of this, I think you should just go on an open day :p:.

You'll know which one is more your taste that way.

Personally, london would have too many distractions for me!

Just weigh up your priorities.. the academic credentials are also v important to me, but my number 1 choice isn't the highest ranked for my course- simply because i could picture myself fitting in &suceeding there.
jjackson18624
Erm i don't think there are any actual LSE or Bath students posting on here... So in the light of this, I think you should just go on an open day :p:.

Just weigh up your priorities.. the academic credentials are also v important to me, but my number 1 choice isn't the highest ranked for my course- simply because i could picture myself fitting in &suceeding there.

Yes, there are LSE students on here.
The best place to go would be LSE.
Reply 9
LSE would open up so many doors.
Reply 10
jjackson18624

yes because its a student forum for all unis except bath and LSE.

oh wait, its not.

although i must admit ive never gone to a accounting or finance lecture.
beatleboar
Yes, there are LSE students on here.
The best place to go would be LSE.

Even so, don't you think the OP should decide for himself which one is the best choice for him?
jjackson18624
Even so, don't you think the OP should decide for himself which one is the best choice for him?

If he knew then he wouldn't ask would he?
Are we not here to advise him?
Hence the concluding advice would be that LSE would be the better choice.
Reply 13
They are both good. For me the option of doing a placement year would lean me towards Bath, but I don't know how important this is for you.
Also I'm at LSE and take finance as a 2nd year outside option, the lectures are really good but my classes are **** as I have a rubbish teacher and frosty classmates. I'm not a huge fan of the uni life either tbh but then I don't really make much of an effort on that front.
danny111
yes because its a student forum for all unis except bath and LSE.

oh wait, its not.

although i must admit ive never gone to a accounting or finance lecture.

Well, all i saw was a load of posts saying 'I think you should choose this one' 'this one is the best' or 'this one would be better' without providing any actual insight into each place, that they were asking for- so i reasonably assumed that most people had no insight to give.
Reply 15
jjackson18624

Erm i don't think there are any actual LSE or Bath students posting on here... So in the light of this, I think you should just go on an open day .

why did you give your opinion then?

and well does yours have anything to do with it having a castle?
Reply 16
jjackson18624
Well, all i saw was a load of posts saying 'I think you should choose this one' 'this one is the best' or 'this one would be better' without providing any actual insight into each place, that the guy was asking for- so i reasonably assumed that most people had no insight to give.

whats the insight? ive only ever been to bath once so cant comment, and LSE is in London. Yes the workload is likely to be higher than at Bath, but apart from that London is what you make of it.

Hence pretty much anything. We dont know what OP is like so we are just telling him that LSE is the place to go.
beatleboar
If he knew then he wouldn't ask would he?
Are we not here to advise him?
Hence the concluding advice would be that LSE would be the better choice.

she should be informed, yes, but no-one was giving her the information she wanted- just thier personal opinion on which one they think is best!
jjackson18624
she should be informed, yes, but no-one was giving her the information she wanted- just thier personal opinion on which one they think is best!

Her first question.
We answer LSE.
The other questions we are unable to answer unless there was two students from LSE and Bath both doing this course.
Even then however would there not be elements of bias in which course they should take?
In general however you should generally go to the best university you can and this case it would be LSE.
danny111
why did you give your opinion then?

and well does yours have anything to do with it having a castle?

I didn't just give my opinon, i explained it also. What i was trying to say was, if everyone on this thread just says 'i like this one' and dosen't give much of an explanation, then thats not really going to be of much help& the thread starter shouldn't just base thier opinion on this alone..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending