The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Do I have a chance at LSE when everyone I see applying has amazing grades?

I do Maths, Physics, Chemistry and AS Further Maths and I'm predicted A*A*A*A. I'm wondering if I have a chance for accounting and finance when everyone I see applying for LSE (on the student room) has A*A*A*A*A* or similar with EPQs etc in better subjects. Is it worth still applying?
They’re probably making it up as most schools/colleges will only let you take a maximum of 4 A levels, LSE will only make an offer based off 3 A level grades and as you’re predicted 3 A*s that’s all they’ll take notice of
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Incrediblezed
I do Maths, Physics, Chemistry and AS Further Maths and I'm predicted A*A*A*A. I'm wondering if I have a chance for accounting and finance when everyone I see applying for LSE (on the student room) has A*A*A*A*A* or similar with EPQs etc in better subjects. Is it worth still applying?

Every 2nd poster on TSR has 30 gsces and 12 A* levels, with an olympiad gold, have set up a small business online taking in 5k a month, investing in property, doing medicine on the side and thinking of doing a PhD for fun. Take it all with a wheelbarrow of salt.

Id also say beware of your own humble brag, you know you have fantastic grades so either apply or dont, asking random people on TSR to tell you are amazing and nothing to worry out is a common scourge on tsr, dont add to it.

Take care,

Greg

What are your GCSE grades like? :smile: The more A*'s you have at GCSE, the more likely you'll get an offer, especially if you have 3A* grades or more predicted at A-Level. :wink:
Original post by thegeek888
What are your GCSE grades like? :smile: The more A*'s you have at GCSE, the more likely you'll get an offer, especially if you have 3A* grades or more predicted at A-Level. :wink:

7 9's 2 8's and 1 7
7 9's 2 8's and 1 7

This sounds like an excuse post to brag and have people tell you how 'amazing' your grades are.

hi, I am also applying for lse Accounting and finance, which other Universities are you applying to? when did you send your application in, and do you have any work experience
Reply 7
Original post by thegeek888

I have good predicted scores, my my GCSEs equivalent (cbse) are not good in Hindi and science but nice in other 4 subjects. will this affect my admission
Original post by jobajojoba
This sounds like an excuse post to brag and have people tell you how 'amazing' your grades are.

I promise you its not im worried so much esp cuz i dont do further maths a level
Original post by Anonymous
hi, I am also applying for lse Accounting and finance, which other Universities are you applying to? when did you send your application in, and do you have any work experience

Bath, Edinburgh, Manchester and warwick. Sending my application late november and i have work exp with santander and icaew

I promise you its not im worried so much esp cuz i dont do further maths a level

Hopefully it’s genuine, and I believe you. Just to ease your worries a bit, LSE won’t have much emphasis on FM for Accounting & Finance at all, it’s not as desired as it is for a degree like Economics let’s say. On top of that, you already have AS FM, and an A in it, which is more than enough - even for pure Economics, they accept an A in AS FM if an applicant decides to drop in Y13.

I wouldn’t worry at all if I were you, you should be ahead of most applicants for the course, most of which don’t even take up AS FM as far as I know, and with your strong set of GCSE’s and A Level predicteds - you’re in a good position.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending