The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Accounting and Finance

Hi there, I’m an Irish student applying for Accounting and finance. I applied at LSE, KCL, Warwick, Bath and Durham. I really want to get an offer is it a very competitive course, I tried to research it but I’m barely finding stats on the acceptance rates as of recent years and for my grades I’ve been predicted a H1 in maths which in UK is an A start and the rest of my predicted grades are great as well does anyone have any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi there, I’m an Irish student applying for Accounting and finance. I applied at LSE, KCL, Warwick, Bath and Durham. I really want to get an offer is it a very competitive course, I tried to research it but I’m barely finding stats on the acceptance rates as of recent years and for my grades I’ve been predicted a H1 in maths which in UK is an A start and the rest of my predicted grades are great as well does anyone have any advice?

LSE place a great emphasis on a 'stellar' UCAS Personal Statement. So work on writing an impressive Personal Statement. 🙂
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1

lmaoo i applied the exact same unis for accounting & finance asw.
have you got any offers yet?
i've only got durham so far
Original post by champgnpki

Nope haven’t gotten any offers yet I applied a month ago when did u apply and get ur offer
Reply 4
Original post by tushar2006774

Nope haven’t gotten any offers yet I applied a month ago when did u apply and get ur offer

my application got sent jan 18th and i got durham on feb 6th

Damn wth u sent urs later then mine but still got an offer before me 😭

I feel maybe they give offers to uk citizens first because I’m a Irish student who comes under home fee so maybe I might get mine late idek
Reply 7
Original post by tushar2006774

I feel maybe they give offers to uk citizens first because I’m a Irish student who comes under home fee so maybe I might get mine late idek

probably bro who knows
let me know if when get an offer tho i’ll lyk if i get any others
Reply 8

Hi, congrats on your offer! I've applied for accounting and finance aswell. When did you get your offer? I've heard from all my unis accept Durham.
Reply 9
Original post by Sana.1223

Hi, congrats on your offer! I've applied for accounting and finance aswell. When did you get your offer? I've heard from all my unis accept Durham.

6th feb, this was abt 2 weeks after applying
Original post by Sana.1223

where else have you already heard from?
Reply 11

where else have you already heard from?
I've been offered a place everywhere else I've applied. So Manchester, Liverpool, York and Exeter. Durham is the only one that hasn't gotten back to me yet.
ohh that’s cool well done!
i’ve applied lse kings warwick and bath asw but i have not had a reply from any other uni yet
I've received offers from Bristol and KCL. Still waiting on LSE, Warwick, and Bath. I applied early Jan.
Received offers from Warwick, KCL, Bath, and Bristol. Just LSE left now. Really hoping for the best but if not then still very happy to have an offer from Warwick. Good luck everyone!
Original post by Anonymous #2
Received offers from Warwick, KCL, Bath, and Bristol. Just LSE left now. Really hoping for the best but if not then still very happy to have an offer from Warwick. Good luck everyone!

What were ur predicted grades

I didn’t do my Junior cert (the Irish version of the GCSE’s) and didn’t include anything for that is that a problem would u say

yh what were ur predicted grades, and did u have a contextual?
yh what were ur predicted grades, and did u have a contextual?
Predicted 4A*s (Maths, Economics, Business, CS) think I had a cracking PS (don't we all?). Not contextual.
fairs 😭😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending