The Student Room Group

Which University Course has the best job opportunities at the end?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Physics and engineering. Most first year physics and engineering courses are the same. It is easy to change from one to the other. I teach physics at a college. I teach A-level physics to students who wish to go into engineering or science at university. I have never been unemployed as a physicist. I am also an engineer. I served an apprenticeship in engineering before I did my physics degree. I also studied a masters and doctorate in engineering and physics later on. Armed with a degree in physics I had several physics jobs which paid between £30k and £100K (adjusted for today). Also there is a huge shortage of physics teachers in schools and colleges (the money is not that great but there are bonuses). I had a school teacher who taught GCSE Physics. He was a biochemist and was struggling with the course. He dropped physics at high school. In fact You would be hard pushed to find a science teacher at a high school who has a physics degree. At the moment, the government and the IoP are offering £20,000 bursary (grant) for physics graduates with a 2:1 or 1st class honors degree to train as physics teachers. This includes all fees paid. Compare that to going on a PGCE course in biology You will have to pay up to £9,000 for the one year course and have to get loans to support yourself too. That is how employable a physics degree is compared to most other courses.
Original post by UndercoverChemist
MD is a managing director (in case you didn't know) He pretty much makes the big decisions such as what products to sell, where to sell them, how and where to manufacture them etc. Also plays a big part in who's around him and performances within the company. They don't have a HR team so he interviews most positions. The two companies he's MD for both complement each other, as in one makes a product and that product helps to make another product which the second company sells. He travels alot, which is good and bad. He's seen alot of the world but doesn't see the family for large periods of time. But i get loads of presents :p:

Just generally wondering , how much does he get paid ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending