The Student Room Group

Is it gay to be sensitive?

Hi, most of the boys in my school call me gay and stuff constantly. I think this is mainly due to me having more female friends than male, plus my sensitiveness. I am also quite sentimental, like I would always take a lot of pictures with my friends for memories, and write messages in christmas cards and stuff.

Everytime I see someone pick on someone who's completely innocent, I feel sorry for them. Now i get called gay for this, people saying I wont ever get a girl. I am quite sensitive, so my friends' advise of "ignoring them" doesn't really help me. I honestly try to ignore it, but when I think back about what they say, spreading rumours etc.., it gets to me. Most boys can just ignore it, but I can't.. Am I weird? I know I am not gay but just why do they have to pick on others for being, let's say, overly different?

How do I stop being overly sensitive over things they say? :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Nope, its not gay to be sensitive.

But its totally sensitive to be gay.
Ignore them. 'Gay' means to fancy someone of the same sex. If this isn't the case, then you're not gay.

Plus, you'll be the one getting all the girlfriends - girls love sensitive guys! They just sound jealous to me.
Reply 3
You sound great, OP. Personally, I think it's nice that there are people like you around.
Reply 4
Natasharox
Ignore them. 'Gay' means to fancy someone of the same sex. If this isn't the case, then you're not gay.

Plus, you'll be the one getting all the girlfriends - girls love sensitive guys! They just sound jealous to me.

From experience girls don't love sensitive guys...

I try and hide my sensitive side unless I'm 100% confident with someone, for the reasons stated in OP. Except on here where I look like an emo fag because I overcompensate for my lack of expressing emotion in real life.
Reply 5
Gay = attraction to same sex
Sensitive = fragile and emotional

Therefore, by logical deduction we can conclude that:

Gay =/= Sensitive
Reply 6
you are not gay but rather sensitive ... i do understand why they might think you gay
eat a burger :yep:
who cares what they think, you know you like girls, it's not like the people saying that are going to be in your life forever when you get to uni people aren't that childish
Reply 8
The word is effeminate. It's not gay to be effeminate, but a proportion of gay people are. Plenty of straight men are too, but are not perceived as being particularly masculine. If you started doing some more manly things to balance it out, such as playing rugby, or womanising, then you could balance out your effeminacy and gain more acceptance among your male peers.
Unfortunately this is how things are, I'm not saying it's right that sensitive people are branded as gay, but it's more or less unavoidable at school. When you get you uni you will probably feel more comfortable, as people there tend to more accepting.
haha yahh i can be quite sensitive, hmm man up? lool anyway thankss, just wonderin how to stop bein so senstive :smile:
Reply 10
TrampingRampage
haha yahh i can be quite sensitive, hmm man up? lool anyway thankss, just wonderin how to stop bein so senstive :smile:

You don't need to stop, just don't show that side to people who would make you feel uncomfortable about it, that's what I do.
Mate if you were built like a brick :snow::snow::snow::snow: house, 7 foot tall, never cried in your life and didn't give a :snow::snow::snow::snow: what people thought and liked men you'd be gay. If you cry at home everday and have no friends but fancy women, you're straight.
I do have male friends n i do go some sport clubs, its just that because the things I do e.g being quiet unless people get to know me, I m different to most "masculine" boys. Particularly writing messages in cards to people, because I think puttin just to... from... is not as personal as writing messages and yh I like to take pictures of me n my friends so tht i could look back at them at least in the future etc...
Are you from HK? Loads of my Hk mates are all girly and sensitive lol and they're not gay. Just the culture
ugh no
society and its' fricken rules
i'm no superman
i'm a sensi too. :five:

I have sensitive skin too :five: :colondollar:

OP, it's fine to be sensitive - just don't cry in front of the bad boys. Wear a bulletproof vest when you go out and don't let anyone get under your skin. When you're finally home; cry out like a baby. This always works for me :daydreaming:
yhh i m from HK, but thts irrelavent because my sis n bro joke around callin me gay too ha. I dont think its the culture because other HK ppl sometimes tease me about it. I mean its fine, but then when they target at me nearly all times, i just cnt ignore them??
Mate just get let it slide. They're just joking, maybe you're a bit effeminate so what. As long as everyone's your mate and it's just harmless banter then fine. If it's vindictive then that's another story. But the photos - cmon all Hk people take so many laaaa. Don't worry d'iu
TrampingRampage
yhh i m from HK, but thts irrelavent because my sis n bro joke around callin me gay too ha. I dont think its the culture because other HK ppl sometimes tease me about it. I mean its fine, but then when they target at me nearly all times, i just cnt ignore them??

You know what you should do? Hit 'em back! I'll go against the flow and tell you this; they've targetted you because you never respond, it's like punching those boxing sacks - they never punch back. Yell at them, have a rant, kick their asses, do this: :stomp: and :rant: and :banghead: and finally :diep:. Srsly, do it :argh:

EDIT: Violence is never the answer, kids.
Reply 19
Another misinterpretation and use of the word "gay."

Well they're small minded and cold-hearted. Don't stop being yourself - their teasing will relent when they realise it has little effect on what you want to do.

And if you do turn out to be a homosexual anyway, so what?

Latest

Trending

Trending