The Student Room Group

The TSR Musicians' Society

This is a society of Musicians. You are more than welcome to join provided that you are a musician(Yes, That that includes singers). We have a wide variety of musicians from guitarists *bows* to pianists, to saxophonists to, I think there are a couple of Chellists about too. Whatever you play, you can almost guarantee you wont be the only one here :smile:

Be a part of the musicians society, one of the biggest societies on TSR by following this link!
http://thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?do=join&groupid=23

I Play guitar bass and whatnont. Since i never really updated this member list and it got pretty far backtracked, ill just keep a count

CURRENT MEMBER COUNT : 435 :party::party:
First Society to 100 members :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
guitar... love it very much (no pics sadly)

i go classical music

a bit of piano

a bit of violin
Me :smile:

Flute and piano.
Me: I play flute (reasonably well) and sax. I also have a piccolo, clarinet, keyboard, violin and guitar. (Not that I play them well, but I enjoy playing them)
Reply 4
Woo. Three members! Any more for any more!?!?

how many members are needed for a society to be officially recognised?
Reply 5
saxophone (tenor) mostly but have tried playing pretty much everything else
Reply 6
Flute> grade 7
Piano> Grade 8
guitar> beginner
Musical Theory> grade 6

:p:
Reply 7
Although many people argue that it doesn't count as a musical intrument, I play the drum kit. (I have learnt the proper notation and can apparently play them to a grade five standard so I don't just bash at them and call myself an artist :biggrin: .)

Can I join?
I play Bb Clarinet (gr. 8) & Alto Sax (gr. 4, taking gr. 6), and I have played the bass clarinet before - still trying to get hold of one again :smile:. I can sing, too, but not very well..... :redface:

-Saruman
Reply 9
I have played the guitar for about 5 years :smile:
edwars. Drums are a real instrument. Theyre graded and come on sheet music :P that should say everything. Just because theire more physocs people dont wanna accept it... but they should. I dabble in drums myself.... my best achievement was holding a 7/4 beat
Reply 11
MR_JR
edward. Drums are a real instrument. Theyre graded and come on sheet music :P that should say everything. Just because theire more physocs people dont wanna accept it... but they should. I dabble in drums myself.... my best achievement was holding a 7/4 beat

I'm sick of people looking down on the drum kit just because it isn't a tuned instrument. I used to play the trumpet (only up to grade three) and must say that the drums are, in many ways, much more challenging. Admittedly we don't have scales to deal with :rolleyes: .
Guitar and Piano :smile:

Michael
Reply 13
on grade 8 piano... have grade 5 violin but quit :rolleyes: play organ and play other wee things but no grades... such as mandolin, harmonica, tin whistle etc. :biggrin:
Can I join?
I play piano (7 yrs, i think) and clarinet (3.5 years)
And here is a photo:
http://www.geocities.com/jesamine100/images/clarandpian.jpg
I play the piano, but I want to learn how to play the harp :smile:
edwardmonk89
I'm sick of people looking down on the drum kit just because it isn't a tuned instrument. I used to play the trumpet (only up to grade three) and must say that the drums are, in many ways, much more challenging. Admittedly we don't have scales to deal with :rolleyes: .

Oh Hear Hear!!! I know theyre challanging (My dummer is teaching me how to play :biggrin:). Scales dont make an instrument. As i see it, its used in music, its an instrument.

A lot of people think that its just your arms used to hit things, though we know that the feet come on too.... and that 4-way co ordination is f*cking hard to learn!!!! (ive just cracked it myself),,,,

so i concur
I play the flute, viola and piano. Attached is a pic of my lovely viola, Hector, who was made in 1895 in Germany! :biggrin:
Reply 18
I play the piano (only). Can I join?
I dont play any. *feels all skill - less* :frown:

So good on all u that can. I'll support the society, even tho i can't join :frown: *sighs*

..wow im depressive 2day! :p:

Quick Reply

Latest