The Student Room Group

Have you ever dated or been friends with a celebrity?

I would love to be friends or to go out with a celebrity

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My mum.is mates with one.

I know loads of musicians but I wouldn't say they were elebrities.
Reply 2
I once saw Lulu close-up in a bar at a concert. Alan Rickman sat behind me. I was very excited. :colone:
That's it for me.

My daughter's friend knows one of the bombshells on Love Island.

I would like to know if anyone knows any celebrities...
Reply 3
Original post by gjd800
My mum.is mates with one.

Spill the beans please on mum's friend?

Do you know any famous musicians?
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Cote1
I once saw Lulu close-up in a bar at a concert. Alan Rickman sat behind me. I was very excited. :colone:
That's it for me.

My daughter's friend knows one of the bombshells on Love Island.

I would like to know if anyone knows any celebrities...

Wow!!!
Spent a night with one. We kept in contact for a while after discussing creative projects, but after about a year conversation just petered out. They weren't anything like they appeared in the media.
Original post by gjd800

Same.
I know a number of musicians & other artists/ creative types- some of them you could say are famous in certain circles, but no one I'd really describe as a 'celebrity'.
Reply 7
Original post by 1582
Spent a night with one. We kept in contact for a while after discussing creative projects, but after about a year conversation just petered out. They weren't anything like they appeared in the media.

Soap? Reality? Music?
Original post by Cote1
Soap? Reality? Music?

Musician.
Original post by 1582

Who? :crazy:
Reply 10
Original post by Alesha1991
Same.
I know a number of musicians & other artists/ creative types- some of them you could say are famous in certain circles, but no one I'd really describe as a 'celebrity'.

Any names you are able to drop?
My grandad used to go drinking with Brian Johnson (vocalist of AC/DC) back in the day
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Cote1
Spill the beans please on mum's friend?

Do you know any famous musicians?

She used to be in Atomic Kitten.

Yeah a few, but 'famous' in a relative sense - they play arenas but they're in rock and metal bands. I go to gigs on guestlists a few times a year :lol:
Reply 13
Original post by ICEcold_Stoic
My grandad used to go drinking with Brian Johnson (vocalist of AC/DC) back in the day

I've spoken to him on the phone a few times, a bloke I used to work with is mates with him and he plays a lot of charity golf.
Reply 14
Original post by gjd800
She used to be in Atomic Kitten.

Yeah a few, but 'famous' in a relative sense - they play arenas but they're in rock and metal bands. I go to gigs on guestlists a few times a year :lol:

Kerry?

I like Kerry. I don't know her of course.
Reply 15
My friend Brian wrote a book and it topped the best-seller list on Amazon. He might have self-published.

I am scraping the barrel now.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Cote1
Kerry?

I like Kerry. I don't know her of course.

No, haha. But her replacement! She is basically retired now. Nice way to be at that age!
I know (as friendly acquaintances, not super close friends or anything) a lot of actors, but most aren't massively famous.

Patricia Quinn and Sylvester McCoy are probably the two most well known.
Spencer Wilding could be considered famous I guess if you're into Star Wars.
Michael Henbury, lovely chap.
Ross Mullan, great guy.

Quite a lot of others, too many to name, most having had minor roles in this, that, or the other film or tv series.
Reply 18
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I know (as friendly acquaintances, not super close friends or anything) a lot of actors, but most aren't massively famous.

Patricia Quinn and Sylvester McCoy are probably the two most well known.
Spencer Wilding could be considered famous I guess if you're into Star Wars.
Michael Henbury, lovely chap.
Ross Mullan, great guy.

Quite a lot of others, too many to name, most having had minor roles in this, that, or the other film or tv series.

Are you into acting yourself?
Reply 19
My Dad met King Hussien of Jordan for his University achievements. He and my Mum were invited to the Queens Garden party but never attended, he had the chance to meet Princes Andrew and Charles but rejected.

Quick Reply

Latest