The Student Room Group

The TSR Musicians' Society

Scroll to see replies

As leader i played the piece poorly but ill put it up for you all to listen to.

Its yousendit'd so get it while you can!

else pm me if you wanna hear (not that you will)

http://s34.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3NN81TC83J5IF2IMH4PBBSBPXG
Reply 381
CharXlotte
Can I join too? :smile: I play piano.

Can anyone play The Flight Of The Bumblebee? I'm trying to learn it, and - as much I love it when I get it right - it makes me want to smash my piano through a wall when my fingers get in a twist :redface:

I'd love to be able to play that tune, it sounds hard! I can imagine smoke coming from your fingers as you play it :redface:
I play guitars; Bass mainly and 12 string acoustic and also dabble in keyboard/piano.
Reply 383
Ah good old Flight of the Bumblebee...madness!

I hate chromatic scales things!
Reply 384
sexysax
Ah good old Flight of the Bumblebee...madness!

I hate chromatic scales things!

I saw someone play it on the flute a while back, knocked me back it did :eek: That feller had nimble fingers!

I'd love to see someone try it on the guitar :biggrin:
Reply 385
Yeah your fingers have to move incredibly fast!
Reply 386
Can I be a member? I play the violin and alto sax and I want to learn either electric or bass guitar :cool:
Reply 387
Oooooh another saxophonist! yAY!!!!
Reply 388
I can play the violin, the piano/keyboard, the guitar (learning but getting better everyday) and my vocal chords if they count

Can I join? :biggrin:
updated. If you asked to join, you have been joined =D
Reply 390
updated. If you asked to join, you have been joined =D

I'm sure I hinted at joining :bawling:
MR_JR

Sorry bucketwoman what do you play again? Ill add you

No probs, I play piano, keyboard and drums.
Reply 392
I play the acordeon :biggrin:

squeak squeak squeak.. jk
Reply 393
so what are we gonna talk about? its been pretty much recruiting members, right?
The trumpet is the best brass instrument. :biggrin: Discuss.
Reply 395
MR_JR
As leader i played the piece poorly but ill put it up for you all to listen to.

Listening to it - especially the slaps - for some reason reminded me of RHCP's "higher ground" - nice bit of slap bass work in that.
Reply 396
~MOi~
so what are we gonna talk about? its been pretty much recruiting members, right?

Well we could talk about the effect of global expansionism on the struggling independent musician - but I don't think there'd be many takers. :p: :biggrin:
Reply 397
Onearmedbandit
The trumpet is the best brass instrument. :biggrin: Discuss.

I think it certainly has more appeal than say, a sackbutt, especially if you play like chet baker or john sneider, but watching some clips of american marching bands - it always seems to be the trumpet player who falls over first.

I'll stick with the sackbutt. :biggrin:
bodhisattva

I think it certainly has more appeal than say, a sackbutt, especially if you play like chet baker or john sneider, but watching some clips of american marching bands - it always seems to be the trumpet player who falls over first.

I'll stick with the sackbutt. :biggrin:

Ahahaha, you're the coolest 40 yr old ever!
well i dunno share musical knowledge and like chat with peopel who plkay what you do!

whatever you liike. Were united under the banner of musicians though :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest