The Student Room Group

The TSR Musicians' Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
I have not had any cakes in 2 days!!! Since that night!!

But I am about to get some now!
sexysax
I have not had any cakes in 2 days!!! Since that night!!

But I am about to get some now!
Yeah, whatever, little miss greedy :p:

I haven't had cakes in about 6 months cos its not my birthday! :biggrin:
Reply 782
Be quiet!

I want to play my saxophone but it is too late!! GRRR!!

I need cakes too!
Cake-zilla!!! I wanna play on my flute! ...that sounds dirty :p:
Reply 784
You're always dirty!! ..and drunk! :p:
Not true.
Reply 786
Lol

Please tell me you didn't stay up all night last night! :rolleyes:
Reply 787
pure_aesthetic
You're such a loser! :p: :p: :p:

The Sax is the only instrument worth playing! All others are just in constand admoration. Apart from that stupid straight soprano sax, what's up with that piece-o-crap?
Reply 788
Go Kalis!!

Rep coming your way!
Reply 789
I'll put a photo of my nice lovely Hohner when I get a chance to. =D

Meanwhile just concentrating on trying to learn violin, and it's just SO different from the piano! =|
Reply 790
psyche87
Meanwhile just concentrating on trying to learn violin, and it's just SO different from the piano! =|

Have fun! I find the violin so hard! I think I'm more of a wind instrument person :smile:
Reply 791
I used to play violin badly, much prefer wind instruments!
Reply 792
Well I've wanted to learn violin for forever! =)

Hmmm playing the harmonica was fun though! Especially ensemble playing... Like 50 people playing together. Pretty cooool. Except that I got stuck playing the piano quite a few times............
ooh can I join? I play the flute (grade 8) and I also possess: a recorder, a keyboard(can only play v basic stuff :P), a guitar, a tin whistle lol, panpipes!! and, possibly best of all.. an ocarina!!! hehe
Drums: 10+ years, grade 8+, Mapex Orion Classic and Roland TD-8K
psyche87
Well I've wanted to learn violin for forever! =)

I always wanted 2 play the violin too. I was telling my grandad 1 da lat year and he said that he had a really old 1 in his loft that I could have if i wanted!! :biggrin: so we got it out, and the hair on the bow was mouldy and the strings were disgusting! other than that it was fine though :biggrin: unfortunately atm i am too busy to have any chance to learn it - i can play Baa Baa Black Sheep though! :biggrin: lol
Reply 796
i wish someone had a really expensive violin to give me that they found in their loft...thats so cool :biggrin:
Reply 797
I had a rehearsal today with my pianist for my performance tomorrow. I was awful :frown:
I'm sure you'll do fine sexysax :wink:

I want to play the violin :frown:! Actually I want to play all the instruments in the world but that's not going to happen any time soon :rolleyes:

Do you think after a certain age it will be really hard to learn the violin? I haven't seen anybody learn it over the age of about 10 :s:
Reply 799
I'm 18!

The good thing is that I don't have to deal with learning to read notes cause I dealt with all that 14 years ago. The bad thing is that I'll probably have to work much harder at actually learning it and getting the technique right from the start... no "getting it as it comes" as I did with the piano last time... also since my pitch is passive perfect pitch (I can identify notes, but usually can't tell if they're too sharp too flat except in certain cases) it will probably be a bit harder to learn or train my pitch. Definitely looking forward to learning though, and hoping to eventually be able to play violin at grade 8 or higher level! =)

Quick Reply

Latest