The Student Room Group

The TSR Musicians' Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Icon - Hmm i think a bass clef is a brilliant idea :biggrin: :biggrin: (not being biased or anything!) the treble clef is soo cliche
Reply 81
Erm... bass for about 6 years, guitar for 4.... I think lol :rolleyes:
oooh and yes definately a bass clef, its way sexier than treble!
I wish I'd started playing earlier, I only really got into music when I was 13, and I'm at grade 6 level at flute now...if only I'd started at say 10, like a lot of people did. My parents arent at all musical and never really encouraged it in me. *sighs*
^^
i know how u fee. My parents have never encouraged me at all - might be why im so indecisive :frown: Ive taken up music now and love it. Remember i started at 14 though so ur doign well nonetheless
As long as you've got a passion for music then there's nothing stopping you.
ill drink to that!
so moving on... icon Or just the stave, or a sharp/natural sign ? iI dunno.

Or a pack of guitar strings?!? hows about that?
A pack of guitar strings? So, like violin strings? That's quite a good idea.

But I think the treble clef, sharp or natural sign might make the society's purpose and existence more clear.
Icon
treble is cliched. Id go bass cleff cause people know is (esp if on a stave) Perhaps put a key signature on there?!?

well ill leave it to the societies ideas.

Suggest icon ideas here, then ill ask you all to PM me your vote.
I play the piano and the highland bagpipes. No pics, sorry.
that a join request?
Reply 91
ICON ICON ICON! Lols.

OK, well, guess I'm cliched 'coz I love the treble :smile: But yeah, the general consensus seems to be bass and I'm cool with that, I ain't fussy! I remember desperately learning the bass clef the night before my Year 7 Music summer exam, I didn't even know there was a bass clef till I was 11 or 12!
I'm too junior to be a member. :smile:
lols rasta. Ill get suggestions then leave it to a vote. If everyone pms me their vote - ONCE IVE STARTED THE VOTE - then we can do it by popular vote
Hey can i join? I love singing, i dont know what id do if i lost my voice, it means that much to me. And i also play the piano and a bit of electric guitar (self taught). When i go uni next year ie Sep 06, im going to take (if i can afford) opera lessons cause they cost like 50+ pounds per half an hour which is a tad bit much!!
Reply 95
If we are allowed to use them, you could just search for musical symbols on google. Here are some that I found:
Oooo!! I like them both!!

But aren't we going with the bass clef, as the treble clef was too cliche?
Where did the third one come from?!

EDIT - I like that one too! Lol :biggrin:

.... I'm so undecisive...
icon : nice ideas there....id put them into the election...

Any more for any more?
Reply 99
x-Jo-x
But aren't we going with the bass clef, as the treble clef was too cliche?

I know but I couldn't find a bass clef :smile: .

Quick Reply

Latest