The Student Room Group

The TSR Musicians' Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
sexysax
I'm always here Fletch!

I got into the University Symphony Orchestra playing bass clarinet for Arthur Bliss' Colour Symphony!! Really shocked!

The bass clarinet is one of the most gorgeous sounds imaginable! I don't know the Bliss but I imagine it's a big one. :rolleyes:
I'm just about to play baritone sax for our concert band (I stand in for whatever is missing). I love playing bari but when I play bottom As, my eyes vibrate so much I can't read the music. :wink:
It's really nice when the darn instrument works! It's a really old horrible thing so really hard to play!
The fooools have put me on front desk of both of the uni orchestras. I know it's only cos I play the viola...
can i join? i play the clarinet soprano sax and violin, and iv just started learning the piano :smile:
Reply 1384
sexysax
It's really nice when the darn instrument works! It's a really old horrible thing so really hard to play!

I suppose there aren't many institutions that run to a new bass clarinet - ours is appaling and the bell keeps falling off. Nice new Yamaha bari tho' :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

fatboy06
The fooools have put me on front desk of both of the uni orchestras. I know it's only cos I play the viola...

The advantage of playing a rarer instrument!
bump...Got the date for my grade 5 flute today...29th November...very nervous :frown:
Oh my gosh that is so weird! I know loads of friends with their exam on the 29th! What time is it?

What pieces are you doing?
2.46 lol!

Im doing Sicilienne, Allegro Molto and Study 50....And I still cant play them right :frown: or my scales :frown: or anything :frown:
First 2 pieces are ones I have my grade 5 flute pupil playing. She is doing Rumba instead of 50 though. Just practice and calm it, I am sure you will be fine!!
i tried the rumba - I didnt enjoy it htough, so I didnt carry on.. I hope I will...i dont want to fail it :frown:
You won't fail! Do you know your scales at all?
Sort of - I know all my majors pretty well, my minors are **** to be perfectly honest
That's ok, you'll only get asked a few, just keep trying to learn them!
Thats my only choice :p:
Just wait until you start doing melodic minors :biggrin:.
Reply 1395
oh yeah i got my grade 4 electronic keyboard exam results back today and found that i had passed with DISTINCTION!! :eek: i was well shocked cos i thought i went majorly wrong on my hearing test but then found i had got 7/10 for it! :smile: but anyways so happy!!!! :biggrin:
Well done! :smile:
sexysax
Just wait until you start doing melodic minors :biggrin:.

Oh yummy - I hate them on piano - so no way am I gonna like them on flute:p:
Reply 1398
piano, guitar, indonesian bird wwhistlee, triangle, xylophone and tamborine:d lol:suith: :suith: :suith: :suith: :suith: :suith: :suith: :suith: :suith: :suith: :suith: :suith: :suith: :suith:
Sephrenia
2.46 lol!

Im doing Sicilienne, Allegro Molto and Study 50....And I still cant play them right :frown: or my scales :frown: or anything :frown:

hehe...when i did grade 5 I got to play Put you Hoe down by Andrew Wilson - it was my favourite exam piece ever!! They took it off the syllabus the term after I did it though...:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest