The Student Room Group
Reply 1
its alright, its one of the easiest out of the three topics I am studying :smile:
Reply 2
ahhh good for some ha
what other ones are you doing?
x
Reply 3
biological rhythms& sleep
agression
yiouuuuuu?
Reply 4
aggression and eating disorders
such a boreee
for the role of hormones and genes in gender development are you talking about the brain structure and the 2D:4DR?
sometimes my teacher goes off on one and tells us information i swear is irrelevant

x
Reply 5
It's boring. I hate it. Slightly easier than the other two i'm doing though.
Reply 6
sophiex3
aggression and eating disorders
such a boreee
for the role of hormones and genes in gender development are you talking about the brain structure and the 2D:4DR?
sometimes my teacher goes off on one and tells us information i swear is irrelevant

x

hmm in terms of hormones and genes i have done about testosterone in the womb and at puberty etc due to the XY and XX chromosomes/genes, and then used case studies of people who changed gender etc due to hormones exposure. and then some stuff about rats - that includes the brain structure, the sexually dismorphic nucleus of something being bigger in males than females but the female onces who got injected with testosterone had ones the size of males etc etcccc
Reply 7
sophiex3
what does everyone else think of the gender topic?

Ask me anything and I will answer your questions to the best of my ability:smile: :wink: :biggrin: :s-smilie: :frown: :o: :confused: :eek: :eek3: :p: :yes: .
Reply 8
Orihime
Ask me anything and I will answer your questions to the best of my ability:smile: :wink: :biggrin: :s-smilie: :frown: :o: :confused: :eek: :eek3: :p: :yes: .

I've got one for you. With Kohlberg's gender constancy thing, Bem argued gender development was down to genetalia rather than gender constancy, and then did a study, but im unsure whether or not that study backed up what bem said or not?
Reply 9
cfc1992
I've got one for you. With Kohlberg's gender constancy thing, Bem argued gender development was down to genetalia rather than gender constancy, and then did a study, but im unsure whether or not that study backed up what bem said or not?

I am not all that familiar with that particular study, as it's not in the Nelson Thornes books, but having said that; it would make logical sense if what she (bem) researched be in support of he hypothesis.
Reply 10
Orihime
I am not all that familiar with that particular study, as it's not in the Nelson Thornes books, but having said that; it would make logical sense if what she (bem) researched be in support of he hypothesis.

Let me fill you in. Bem says it's genital knowledge rather than gender constancy which is the main thing for gender development. Did a study showing children to identify a toddlers sex first when naked with female genitalia and then when dressed like a boy then a girl (appropriately, the other one isnt). Then found 40% of the children could conserve gender. 77% failed genital knowledge test.

what do you think?
Reply 11
cfc1992
Let me fill you in. Bem says it's genital knowledge rather than gender constancy which is the main thing for gender development. Did a study showing children to identify a toddlers sex first when naked with female genitalia and then when dressed like a boy then a girl (appropriately, the other one isnt). Then found 40% of the children could conserve gender. 77% failed genital knowledge test.

what do you think?

Well, going by the findings only 23% passed so that doesn't support he findings, but these findings are still significant as they imply that genital knowledge has a part to play, as 40% of the children could 'conserve' gender. So it's not black and white as always....
Reply 12
Yeah okay, thanks.
Reply 13
If anyone has a clue on what the social cognitive theory with modelling, enactive something and something else is, I'd appreciate it if they could fill me in ... thanks.
Reply 14
cfc1992
If anyone has a clue on what the social cognitive theory with modelling, enactive something and something else is, I'd appreciate it if they could fill me in ... thanks.

i totally agree, im lost on where to apply it if the social influences question comes up
Reply 15
I think i'm lost on everything - will just retake it in the summer after I fail. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending