The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Anywhere without the internet or a computer. I prefer the library to home, but again prefer the pub/a coffee shop to the library. It's actually quite nice being in an amicable/convivial atmosphere, having a cup of coffee, and doing work.
Sithius
You talk like a girl and you appear to multitask like a girl, so I can only assume that you are in fact a girl.

Yet the male symbol ♂ next to my username says otherwise :biggrin:
Reply 42
Romystarr
im a coffee shop girl. anywhere without the internet tbh.

Lots of coffee places have wirless now though. I see so many people in there with their laptops and netbooks etc. chatting away on facebook.
Reply 43
Depends.
Last year I worked really well in the library at night (24/7 oh yes!). Normally I'd go there with friends but we'd sit in the quiet area. Mostly, they'd leave way before me as well, so I'd end up on my own.

This year, so far (I'm still at home) I found that I need the internet too much (to read articles & look stuff up) & taking the laptop AND notes to the library might prove too much. I'll give it a try when I get back to Uni.

& home means I can have tea constantly.
i work better at my uni house, but then i work better late at night, into the small hours, so either my housemates are working as well or asleep

i like having music on, i can't work in silence

i don't get too distracted once i am in the mood and all that

i will go into the library to read if i am on campus
i.am.lost
I can only revise at home cuddled up on the couch watching a decent comedy on TV with Lady GaGa playing in the background :smile:
If I'm in silence, I simply cannot focus. If I'm around other people, then I get far too distracted.
TV + music @ home = perfect revision environment for me

You're just like me. Despite this being said to be exactly the sort of environment you shouldn't work in, it's what works best for me. I also don't do desks. Seriously, I find it really hard to sit still at a desk for any length of time. I ideally need a good bed/sofa with lots of pillows/cushions to prop myself against.

So no, I can't imagine a library working for me at all.
Reply 46
AntiLearner
A few of my coursemates want to meet up in the library and revise. I'd like to because at least it's social and it'll be less stressful, but at the same time, most of my revision consists of:

typing up notes
using the laptop to read lecture notes
reading articles from the internet/laptop

So, I'm more inclined to have everything set up at home than to bring my laptop to the library everyday. I have tried to study in the library (by writing notes etc) once and I remember not getting much done. As soon as I got home I was working well again. I've found that it's only good to revise in the library once I've covered everything myself and just go near the end of my revision to talk/clarify with mates. Thoughts? Does the library work for you? :s-smilie:

definately at the library all the way.. no distractions.. a calm setting and alot of helpful resources at hand
Reply 47
TWF
I didnt call u bitch in my last post btw lol, thats what u should tell them.

LOL! It's okay, I got it! :p:
Reply 48
Having tried and tested all options, I'm definitely a library man for revision! Spent 6 hours there yesterday speeding through my notes. Got more done in that 6 hours than I did in 2 weeks at home! I think I work better at home for essays/assignments, but for times of information-cramming and revising, definitely the library.
I can only work in certain libraries. The whole library environment is generally not nice, though an iPod improves things a lot :biggrin:
I revise best in my room by myself, with my laptop nowhere near. XD
Original post by AntiLearner
Having tried and tested all options, I'm definitely a library man for revision! Spent 6 hours there yesterday speeding through my notes. Got more done in that 6 hours than I did in 2 weeks at home! I think I work better at home for essays/assignments, but for times of information-cramming and revising, definitely the library.

same, home for essays and assignements, library for revision
Reply 52
I dont revise at home i'm fed up with trying. I'm almost always distracted or not comfortable and generally take on a too 'not bothered' state then get too busy trying to focus on being focused.
Even if i did i'm horrible at taking/making notes, i've found reading/practising in a library much more effective. All those books.
Theyre great places to chill as well though.
However i dont mind using youtube or revision videos on the computer at home.
Reply 53
If its maths though music keeps me sane but some i dont know the words too well to and not too catchy... :tongue:
Reply 54
Original post by Nat_LPS
I dont revise at home i'm fed up with trying. I'm almost always distracted or not comfortable and generally take on a too 'not bothered' state then get too busy trying to focus on being focused.

This is so me...As soon as I get home, it's as if all the care in the world, and all of my dreams to get an A* disappear.

I sti haven't even touch anything - considering I have 3 January boards :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I work best in the library most of the time, but for revision a lot of it once my notes are written up is reading over and memorising info so that's best done at home.

Too many people make the mistake of going to the library with friends!
Reply 56
No i need all my diff maths books and papers and cant take them all with me to the library
Reply 57
What subjects are you doing guys? (Assuming that it's A levels) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Original post by EcstaZEEH
What subjects are you doing guys? (Assuming that it's A levels) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths further maths physics and le chemistry.
Genuinely struggling with maths but I didnt like much else :tongue:
but I like the subject so id rather do alright in it than do better at single maths, the library has saved me.
What about yourself?
Posted from TSR Mobile
When I try and revise at home I spend most of the time in the kitchen, so I'd say library works for me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending