The Student Room Group

How do people who mess around and hardly study at school get such good grades?

throughout 5 years of education ive seen that most kids who hardly do any work in class or in their free periods and mess around, get such good grades.

how do you people do it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
GCSE's are piss.
They probably study in their bedrooms, dude.
Real study is done at home.
Reply 4
They study a lot at home.
Reply 5
Some people probs mess around socially but work hard when not in social situations!
Reply 6
They're intelligent and know it.
GCSEs were simple. I hardly revised for them and got great grades. Then I started A-levels and thought I could get away with doing the same thing... boy was I wrong! :frown:

Study hard kids!
Because they're clever.Ii know that sounds annoying but remember that all the hard work you are doing will mean you can adapt easily to the world of work. Those who breeze through school without working will find getting a job a real culture shock.
Original post by High VOLTAGE
throughout 5 years of education ive seen that most kids who hardly do any work in class or in their free periods and mess around, get such good grades.

how do you people do it?

GCSE's were piss.
A-levels a tad harder.
Uni much harder.

How do we do it? - By good ORGANISATION - hence there is enough time to do both. Study and play.
Reply 10
Because we're fantastic :awesome:

It's actually that we work at home. At my school, nobody works in the lessons, so I may as well join in with chatting and having fun in the few lessons I attend, because it's not like I'm going to get anything done anyway. I just teach myself my subjects where it's quiet and free of distractions - away from other people.
Original post by FinalFlash
Real study is done at home.

Essentially, this.

/thread.
Genetics.
Reply 13
Original post by Lewroll
GCSEs were simple. I hardly revised for them and got great grades. Then I started A-levels and thought I could get away with doing the same thing... boy was I wrong! :frown:

Study hard kids!

Ditto.
First exam
*opens up first page*
WHAT THE **** IS THIS CRAP!
*everybody in the exam halls starts to stare*
AWKWARD.
Some of them will work hard at home. The rest will be bright enough that just being in the lesson is enough for them to pick up everything they need to know.
I think for GCSE's you can pretty much do it just by being there. Any further than that, then they study at home, or just revise hard before exams.
Original post by SAK.A
Ditto.
First exam
*opens up first page*
WHAT THE **** IS THIS CRAP!
*everybody in the exam halls starts to stare*
AWKWARD.

That actually made me lol :biggrin: Have some rep (when I get some)
p.s. Did that really happen? Please say yes :biggrin:
You don't really need to work in class, or super hard at home either. I find that if you are generally focused in class, and have the ability to take things in, in that environment then you're good to go.
Well I guess they have a natural intelligence and a photographic memory, like me :biggrin:
Reply 19
Some people just naturally pick things up easier than others and don't need to revise... lucky them!

Others are secret hardcore at home studiers :p:

I did find that those who did really well at GCSE tended to come unstuck at A-Level, and I know I found the transition in workload and difficulty quite hard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending