The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Casio FX83ES - definitely worth getting.

There's a powerpoint on casio's website somewhere.
Reply 2
I got the Solar & Battery one today.

It is such an upgrade. Being able to type in sin45 and getting out (√2)/2 is awesome. One less thing to remember.

The table mode is also quite good, along with the stats thing.
I got the Fx-991ES, its groovy :biggrin:
Reply 4
It does numerical integration I see (by use of the trapezium rule with sufficiently thin strips) which I think your allowed to have in exams.
It does everything! It even knows makes a good cup of tea hehe :smile:
Reply 6
Scottus_Mus
It does everything! It even knows makes a good cup of tea hehe :smile:

I just bought this calculator today for the start of my A level maths course and I have to agree with the above statement!

My previous calculator was the fx-83MS and this blows it out of the water!
I just love all the funky touches like the fact that it writes fractions properly with numerator above denominator not side-by-side.
It also momentarily displays a casio logo when you turn it off and apparently this natural textbook display will also come in handy too!

I got mine for £15 from argos and while it is quite a bit more expensive than some of the others I believe it will be worth it.

There is also the fx-570ES which I think is the same but without the solar panel. However, being the environment conscious person I am, I invested that little more to utilise this healthy energy source! :biggrin:

Anyway, this product comes wholeheartedly recommended. By me! :smile:
Reply 7
I also bought the model with the solar panel from Argos and have found it of great use for trig but also in FP1 with complex numbers in cos and sin form. About a week after I also invested in a TI-84SE graphing calculator so I am all set for A level Maths / F maths!

Latest