The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you're on OCR:

Use the textbook to create spider diagrams. Use the spider diagrams at the end of each module (in the textbook) to start. They really help :smile:

Also, I find putting everything in a powerpoint presentation, then sticking it all around my room really helped. :yep:
Reply 2
What is it that you're struggling with exactly?
Reply 3
Ive got a lot of powerpoints that my college has made there alright to use, Im finding majority of it easy now its just rembering a lot of it, once you've revised do the past paper questions in the book there good and also the little questions on the bottom of every little chapter do them or if your lazy just read the answers to them cause there sometimes exam questions that are a little similar to things that they ask.

Good luck
Reply 4
I got an E first time, I switched my revision method and got 300/300 UMS for the AS when I resat..
This was for OCR btw lol
Quality > Quantity !
Reply 5
xSkyFire
I got an E first time, I switched my revision method and got 300/300 UMS for the AS when I resat..
This was for OCR btw lol
Quality > Quantity !

Oh cool, what revision method did you switch to?
Reply 6
neillya1

Also, I find putting everything in a powerpoint presentation, then sticking it all around my room really helped. :yep:

Haha, brilliant idea! :woo:
Reply 7
CGP revision books are awesome. They make life so much easier
Reply 8
todays exam (ocr as bio) was soooo hard. i got 93% in a past paper we did last monday and went to the exam thinking i know the stuff but the main four things i didnt get/know came up- vital capacity and the spirometer, CO2 and erythrocytes, capillaries and hydrostatic pressure and glycoproteins :angry:
I thought It was quite simple actually, but I suppose I wont really know until I get my results back! here's hoping!!
Reply 10
Alex22Spurs
Oh cool, what revision method did you switch to?

Oh, I switched to printing off the syllabus and writing several essays on each topic, then went and did every single past paper and made sure I got 100% in all of them. After that I got 100% in all my AS modules, it was better than skimming a revision guide. Only downside is not many past papers for new spec lol
Reply 11
Im finding it really hard at the moment and I need to do biology for my future career regardless of whether the majority of it has nothing at all to do with it. I hate all this biochemistry lark in OCR biology. It doesn't go in my head, cant understand it and if I wanted to do chemisty I would have taken chemistry :frown: . But I do like this biodiversity stuff we have just started so that makes me fell a tad better.

Latest

Trending

Trending