The Student Room Group

Alevel Biology- struggling to get required grade for uni :(

hi im a year 13 and am applying for physiotherapy at uni for 2024. pretty much all the unis require a B in biology, except a couple unis which i found does points so i can get a lower grade in bio if i get high in my other two (psych and pe). i find alevel biolgy REALLY hard and have basically been getting Es, Ds, Cs throughout year 12 and first term of yr 13. my most recent test i got a D and was extremely upse and frustrated by this as i spent a lot of time revising, staying after school, memorising all the content and then doing practice papers for individual chapters on physicsmathstutor. Ive got a tutor now, and am constantly trying new revision methods to try and get better, yet i still feel when i do practice questions now, i still dont know things or how to answer the questions. im getting really worried now that i wont be able to get a high enough grade in biology in order to go to uni to do physiotherapy. is there any succeeding year 13s who can give me their advice on how they revise for bio and how often, or any uni students/graduates who might of been in a similar situation to me, and what you did about it and how you fixed it and got into uni in the end. every exam i do just causes me to lose hope and confidence as i feel like i cant do anything else to prepare, and maybe im just a e/d/c grade student. FYI, its only bio i struggle in, as im at b/a in psych and a/a* in pe, so idk what im doing wrong in bio and im rlly losing hope. thanks for help in advance
Original post by ippleboz
hi im a year 13 and am applying for physiotherapy at uni for 2024. pretty much all the unis require a B in biology, except a couple unis which i found does points so i can get a lower grade in bio if i get high in my other two (psych and pe). i find alevel biolgy REALLY hard and have basically been getting Es, Ds, Cs throughout year 12 and first term of yr 13. my most recent test i got a D and was extremely upse and frustrated by this as i spent a lot of time revising, staying after school, memorising all the content and then doing practice papers for individual chapters on physicsmathstutor. Ive got a tutor now, and am constantly trying new revision methods to try and get better, yet i still feel when i do practice questions now, i still dont know things or how to answer the questions. im getting really worried now that i wont be able to get a high enough grade in biology in order to go to uni to do physiotherapy. is there any succeeding year 13s who can give me their advice on how they revise for bio and how often, or any uni students/graduates who might of been in a similar situation to me, and what you did about it and how you fixed it and got into uni in the end. every exam i do just causes me to lose hope and confidence as i feel like i cant do anything else to prepare, and maybe im just a e/d/c grade student. FYI, its only bio i struggle in, as im at b/a in psych and a/a* in pe, so idk what im doing wrong in bio and im rlly losing hope. thanks for help in advance

Hey which exam board are you sitting?
Reply 2
Original post by Tulipbloom
Hey which exam board are you sitting?

OCR A

Quick Reply

Latest