The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A bit like the guy with the violin in london.
Reply 2
If it was me I'd have kept it
This always happens. I remember reading two other stories previously where Bengali NY cab drivers returned money, suitcases, necklaces etc. back to their owner and rejecting a reward for it. I think it's because something like over 95% of NY taxis have Bengali/Indian/Pakistani drivers.

Edit: the $500k diamond rings driver was better.
silly silly man
Ohhh, that cheered me up. :h:
Reply 6
I'd like to make this point:

Why 'Bengali' cabbie? I've seen people been shot down for posting anything negative which includes mentioning peoples race, religion etc.

Surely just, 'Cabbie' would suffice?
Reply 7
Mr Asadujjaman was offered a reward, but he turned it down saying that as a devout Muslim he could not accept it.

I guess he thought Allah was watching him, who said religion was bad?
Who2004uk

Why 'Bengali' cabbie? I've seen people been shot down for posting anything negative which includes mentioning peoples race, religion etc.

It was in the title of the BBC article. I don't know why they put it tbh, maybe because there's few Bengalis in New York?
Reply 9
Who2004uk

Because lots of newspapers print negative titles with the race in question so why not positive.
Reply 10
CombineHarvester

Edit: the $500k diamond rings driver was better.

This guy travelled a fair bit as well.
wow

good on him!
Reply 12
Who2004uk

:laugh: That's a fair point tbh, if inclusion of race has negative connotations, then the TSR generalisation posse come out of nowhere to cry about it for the good proportion of the thread, but if it's positive, then it's all good :h:
Sakujo
This guy travelled a fair bit as well.

Yes that's true but $500,000 :eek: :wtf: :eek3:
Reply 14
I'd have bought 1000's of tonnes of polystyrene, put it in a box a couple hundered metres high, leave a dollar at the bottom, then drop it off at their house. (With a magic heavy-duty cab, of course)
xSkyFire
Mr Asadujjaman was offered a reward, but he turned it down saying that as a devout Muslim he could not accept it.

I guess he thought Allah was watching him, who said religion was bad?

Let's hope he doesn't find out God isn't real- cuz' he'll just be pissed.
Reply 16
CombineHarvester
Yes that's true but $500,000 :eek: :wtf: :eek3:

Considering that he had their passports he could if he really wanted to sell them or offer them to someone to commit identity fraud. :holmes:
Reply 17
Admirable fellow :holmes:

haha, seems not all Muslim want to kill us then
CombineHarvester
It was in the title of the BBC article. I don't know why they put it tbh, maybe because there's few Bengalis in New York?

BBC love to stereotype

Latest

Trending

Trending