The Student Room Group

TSR Game Bargains Thread

Scroll to see replies

Dalimyr
...if you really want it, you may as well just get a new copy for £5, rather than taking a chance on pre-owned (I doubt I'm the only one to have mixed experiences with pre-owned titles)

But if someone like CEX, Gamestation or Game sells you a dodgy pre-owned disc you can take it back with the receipt and get a replacement/refund. Personally I've never had a problem with one.
Quakecon-inspired week-long offers on Steam.

Today?

- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition includes Knights of the Nine and the Shivering Isles expansions. £5.09.

- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition Deluxe includes Knights of the Nine and the Shivering Isles expansions plus Fighter's Stronghold Expansion, Spell Tome Treasures, Vile Lair, Mehrune's Razor and much more. £6.79

Go get 'em boys.
Reply 182
JohnnySPal
Quakecon-inspired week-long offers on Steam.

Today?

- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition includes Knights of the Nine and the Shivering Isles expansions. £5.09.

- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition Deluxe includes Knights of the Nine and the Shivering Isles expansions plus Fighter's Stronghold Expansion, Spell Tome Treasures, Vile Lair, Mehrune's Razor and much more. £6.79

Go get 'em boys.

Make sure you get Oblivion Deluxe (£6.79 rather than £5.09), as it contains ALL of the expansions and DLC, while the cheaper one just contains the two expansions (Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine). I'm very fond of the DLC, particularly Frostcrag Spire and the Fighter's Stronghold (the latter of which had never previously been available in GOTY bundles until Steam came along). Spending the extra £1.70 is totally worth it.

Or, if you've got £50 to spare, get the behemoth id/Bethesda "QuakeCon Pack"
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4917/
steam://store.steampowered.com/sub/4917/
Reply 183
On Oblivion related notes, which mods are recommended to install to enhance normal playthrough? Anything similar to STALKER Unlimited?
estel
On Oblivion related notes, which mods are recommended to install to enhance normal playthrough? Anything similar to STALKER Unlimited?

I adore Modular Oblivion Enhanced. It's got such a plethora of useful and fun little things that it adds, as well as the impressive Lycanthopy and Lichcraft pack, which adds Bloodmoon style werewolves, the Sanies Lupinus disease and so on, as well as the superb ability to make oneself into a lich. It's not at all easy, it's practically impossible for a non-mage character, and it's more limiting than being a vampire, but at the same time it's so cool.

Midas Magic is incredible. It introduces entirely new types of magic, as well as a new way to learn spells. Not only that, but it introduces some long and involved quests and dungeons, including ******* Moria, which you do to get an item to create the spell to summon the Balrog. Need I say more?

Finally, The Lost Spires introduces a complete new faction to the game - the Archaeology Guild - along with a comprehensive questline, tons of new enemies and items, and an extraordinary guildhall. I think it's as good, if not better than, the guilds in vanilla Oblivion.

Not sure if that's entirely what you meant by 'enhancing normal playthrough'; I may have gone off on a slight tangent :o:
Reply 185
Day 2 on the Quakecon offers on Steam - this time it's 66% off all the Doom Games.

£2.03 each on the DOS games (Doom, Doom II, Final Doom, Master Levels)

£4.75 each on Doom 3 and the expansion

Or buy all of the Doom games for £7.81

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/426/
Reply 186
Anyone ever ordered off these before?
Reply 187
Today's Quakecon sale is 75% off anything with "Quake" in the title.
Fear (used) - £2.00 on Amazon

- I've never had a problem with these sellers as they have thousands of 5/5 ratings, so I'll play it, then sell it for more on ebay :smile:
Most disappointing sale ever. Nothing I wanted that I didn't already have :frown:
Reply 190
Jace Falco
Most disappointing sale ever. Nothing I wanted that I didn't already have :frown:

Pretty much, though I can't say I was even vaguely expecting it to be anything like the Summer/Winter sales.

And because of them, there aren't too many games left on Steam that I'm still interested in buying; they've all be sold to me already...
Reply 191
I haven't read much of this thread but just to let you know that Mafia 2 is available for £32 on Amazon and Fifa 11 is £35. Can anyone else find cheaper for Fifa?
Reply 192
Steam Sale: 66% off of anything with "Borderlands" in the name. Even the trailer!
Reply 193
ahhh, I already picked it up with all the DLCs during the summer sale... Still, I recommend it to anyone considering getting Borderlands!
Trizzle
Can anyone else find cheaper for Fifa?

Last 2 years the supermarkets (Tesco's, Asda etc) have done it for £25 on day of release. Might be worth waiting rather than pre-ordering.
estel
Steam Sale: 66% off of anything with "Borderlands" in the name. Even the trailer!

Woah I want it just for the soundtrack! How did I not know more about this game? :eek3:

I'm very tempted, but then I always seem to neglect games I buy on the PC so I might just go for the vastly more expensive (£15) 360 version instead. Hrm. I do have thousands of Nectar points to my name (despite already buying Mass Effect 2 for a mighty £3) :beard:
Reply 196
Steam: 75% off STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat bundle (no Clear Sky) - £6.24
Reply 197
estel
Steam: 75% off STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat bundle (no Clear Sky) - £6.24

clear sky sucked anyway compared to the other 2
estel

It's downloading as we speak :biggrin:
Halo Reach pre-order = £31.99 but I got it for £28 off tesco with some discount vouchers which don't work anymore. xD

http://www.jackofallgames.co.uk/xbox-360-halo-reach-uk-pal-version-p-3383.html?zenid=8a1b2c196fdab2c730b06713977649fa

Quick Reply

Latest