Original post by GeorgetheAug
Yes. Incredibly good.

:biggrin:

Bought it earlier and it's downloading :awesome:

:yep: Completely agreed. :five: It's almost criminal how quickly the price dropped and £7.50 is an absolute steal.
Am I wrong in thinking its been available for £5 before?
Original post by Magnum Opus

I'll admit, I've not really compared the £7.50 to current prices (just commenting on it in relation to the game's quality) but that wouldn't surprise me. A quick search shows it as £7.07 on Amazon.
Elsewhere (particularly for consoles where the price plummeted VERY quickly), possibly...£7.50's the lowest it's ever been on Steam, though (it's what I paid for it a few months back), and I think online retailers for the PC version have generally been wavering between the £7-10 sort of price range in the past couple of months. PC version was much slower to come down in price than the console versions (considering when it was brand new you'd probably have been spending £10 more on the PS3/360 versions, then just a few months down the line it was as little as £10 for PS3/360 and £15 for PC, and it's just kept going down ever since) but I was never interested in the console versions so wasn't paying a great deal of attention to the price for a PS3 version - Deus Ex is the sort of game I prefer to have a mouse and keyboard for :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mevidek
Is £7.50 good for Deus Ex: HR?

Original post by mevidek
Is the game really that good?

Barring perhaps the ending, yup. I paid £40 for it and I was satisfied with my purchase. It's a fantastic RPG which, unfortunately, went largely unnoticed by the general public/mass of gamers that weren't already attuned to the franchise last year. It's the fastest plummet in price I've seen in a video game. Dropped by well over half after 20 or so days. Soundtrack, graphic look and freedom of choice are really the shining beacons of that game.

I actually want to go back and play it now.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Barring perhaps the ending, yup. I paid £40 for it and I was satisfied with my purchase. It's a fantastic RPG which, unfortunately, went largely unnoticed by the general public/mass of gamers that weren't already attuned to the franchise last year. It's the fastest plummet in price I've seen in a video game. Dropped by well over half after 20 or so days. Soundtrack, graphic look and freedom of choice are really the shining beacons of that game.

I actually want to go back and play it now.

I'll play it tomorrow as it's just sitting in my steam library now :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
It's the fastest plummet in price I've seen in a video game. Dropped by well over half after 20 or so days.
That's probably true for most if not all of us, and (as Illusionary has alluded to on several occasions in the past) it's an immense surprise. The series is held in such high regard by a lot of people (particularly those who played the first game back when it was initially released) and HR got universally positive reviews...it's not like, say, Kane & Lynch 2 which was horrendous and ended up being available in a Steam sale for £3.75 just three months after it was released (:lol:) specifically because it was awful. Nobody really seems to have much clue at all as to why the hell HR's price plummeted as quickly as it did.
I posted in here a week or two ago about the rather random coupons for Assassin's Creed: Revelations. They expire in a day or two, so I figured I'd get it and Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, using the coupons.

It's not listed in the Specials tab on the homepage or anything, but the 'Gold Edition' of Revelations has been reduced. Sold separately, the game costs £30 and the DLC costs nearly £20. The Gold Edition normally costs £35, but it's currently £30 (i.e. the same price as the base game on its own). Coupon doesn't work for the gold edition so I didn't nab the DLC (I'll wait for a big general sale to pick those up on the cheap if I feel like it. It'll probably be sitting there until I complete AC2 and buy and complete Brotherhood, anyway, so I'm not in any rush :smile:) but in case anyone's interested...the promotion on the gold edition runs for a few more weeks, ending on April 20th.
Midweek madness:
X series:
X3: Albion Prelude £4.99
X3: Terran Conflict £7.99
X3: Reunion £4.99
X2: The Threat £2.49
X: Tension £1.74
X: Beyond the Frontier £1.74
All of the above £19.99

Also Blur for £3.75, which I'm tempted by but can't find my gamepad at the moment so probably won't bother.
It might of been mentioned in the thread already, but I bought Shogun 2: Total War this week for £4.99 from Amazon! Its gone up to £5.74, but still quite the deal.
We have the Indie Royale April Fools Bundle now (even though it is a few days late!). http://www.indieroyale.com/

Headlining the bundle is Hidden Path Entertainment's Defense Grid: The Awakening, an acclaimed, futuristic tower-defense game for Windows on Steam, Desura, and DRM-free. GameSpot calls it a "quintessential example" of the genre and "compulsively playable" for newcomers and skilled players, as they attempt to fight off hoards of increasingly complex alien assaults. Defense Grid includes the free Borderlands expansion built into the main game, and we're also adding Steam keys for all four Resurgence map packs as a special bonus. (They're also bundled into Defense Grid Gold, via Desura key and DRM-free.)

Next up is Gooey Blob's accessible, retro turn-based dungeon crawler, Hack, Slash, Loot for Windows and Mac in a Steam debut, Windows and Linux on Desura, and Windows/Mac/Linux DRM-free. True to the Roguelike genre, dungeons randomly generate, providing a unique experience every time, as players uncover thousands of items to loot and monsters to hack and slash, accompanied by attractive retro pixel art.

PomPom Games offers a pair of frantic shooter titles in the form of Alien Zombie Megadeath and Astro Tripper for Windows on Steam, Desura, and DRM-free. In Alien Zombie Megadeath, players attack, dodge, and perform gloriously intense tasks while playing as 'ill-fated spacemen'. And in an update for to the award-winning Space Tripper from the talented UK studio, Astro Tripper affords players a tiny ship against hoards of other crafts and big bosses.

The final featured game is Curve Studios' incendiary 2D platformer, Explodemon for Windows on Desura and DRM-free. The title is an explosive homage to SNES-era platformers mixed with a modern physics-puzzle twist - and this hidden gem actually started development before the similar 'Splosion Man was revealed. And watch out for an Indie Royale-exclusive bonus related to this game a little later in the bundle.

Finally, those who pay more than the minimum for the April Fools Bundle receive an awesome vocoder-heavy bonus: Sexy Synthesizer's Japanese '80s-style chip album Rock: Deluxe Edition, available in .FLAC and HQ .MP3 file formats.. Those who pre-ordered the bundle also received this bonus.

Indie Royale, which continues to use its innovative 'price gradually increases with purchases, bigger pledges drop the price' model, was co-created by IndieGames.com and independent game download service Desura. More information on the April Fools Bundle, including real-time statistics and its current price, is available at its official website or via its Facebook and Twitter pages.
Fallout is free on Good Old Games for 48 hours: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout/

Can't argue with free.
Two excellent games for less than a quid. Buy NOW:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8848/
Not really sure of the logic of this one but hey! For £15 you get Naval War Arctic Circle on Steam, with a free copy of Commander Conquest of the Americas which is worth... £21 on Steam...
Not really sure of the logic of this one but hey! For £15 you get Naval War Arctic Circle on Steam, with a free copy of Commander Conquest of the Americas which is worth... £21 on Steam...
What gets me is the logic of calling it a pre-purchase offer when the game was released yesterday and the offer lasts until the middle of next week :biggrin: That's, er, all very strange. Nice spot, though :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest