The Student Room Group

TSR Game Bargains Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mahjongmagic
http://www.becausewemay.com/index.html
Massive indie game sale, covering Steam, iOS, Android, Mac App Store and direct from the developers websites. Plenty of good deals that cover a lot of platforms.

Nice find! Agreed on Binding of Isaac, what a fantastic little game it is.

I thought I'd pitch in with a relatively unknown entity: I played the **** out of Denki Blocks on my Game Boy Advance back in the day, so I'm delighted to see it's turned up on the old smartphone market. I went straight in with that one. Free Android version here
Original post by JohnnySPal
Nice find! Agreed on Binding of Isaac, what a fantastic little game it is.

I thought I'd pitch in with a relatively unknown entity: I played the **** out of Denki Blocks on my Game Boy Advance back in the day, so I'm delighted to see it's turned up on the old smartphone market. I went straight in with that one. Free Android version here

That's just about cheap enough for me :awesome:

FFXIII-2 on PS3 for a tenner, anyone? http://www.thegamecollection.net/final-fantasy-xiii-2-ps3-p-6489.html ... it's tempting, though still a "no" for me for now.
Ditto Kingdoms of Amalur for £15, though I think I can wait for it to drop a bit further... http://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search?search=amalur
Original post by Illusionary
That's just about cheap enough for me :awesome:

FFXIII-2 on PS3 for a tenner, anyone? http://www.thegamecollection.net/final-fantasy-xiii-2-ps3-p-6489.html ... it's tempting, though still a "no" for me for now.
Ditto Kingdoms of Amalur for £15, though I think I can wait for it to drop a bit further... http://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search?search=amalur

I imagine the latter will significantly drop in price pretty soon following recent news.
Civ 5 £5.

Goty £7.50.

So damn tempting.
One of the greatest games of recent times, resigned to the bargain bin, thanks to the prevalence of games like COD etc.
Disciples II: Gold Edition is currently free on a promotion from greenmangaming. Even if you don't want the game, after getting it from them you'll be able to 'trade it in' again for a £3 credit. :biggrin:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/d2-free-game-giveaway/
Did anyone get GTA3 on iPad for 69p? it's awesome :biggrin:
Original post by JLXP
Did anyone get GTA3 on iPad for 69p? it's awesome :biggrin:

Yeah it is surprisingly good, loving the improved textures.
Reply 2088
Original post by ANARCHY__
One of the greatest games of recent times, resigned to the bargain bin, thanks to the prevalence of games like COD etc.

Nothing to do with it being close to a decade old.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by nonotrly
Nothing to do with it being close to a decade old.

Even when it was out, it performed poorly in commercial sales. It has nothing to do with it being a decade old. It was swept under the radar. Starcraft is over a decade old yet you're still going to be expected to pay over £10 for it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2090
Original post by ANARCHY__
Even when it was out, it performed poorly in commercial sales. It has nothing to do with it being a decade old. It was swept under the radar. Starcraft is over a decade old yet you're still going to be expected to pay over £10 for it.

GTA III, the biggest game of the PS2 era, was released in the same month as Beyond Good and Evil.

Look that up on Ebay.

When you're done with that, look again at your link and look down to see the other listings for the same item in the same condition for an idea of its value. £8+ is bargain bin?

There are many things to consider with Ebay video game listings, but it was you who chose to blame it all on Call of Duty initially, a game which rose to the level it is today years after BG&E's release. You were just being sensationalist.
(edited 11 years ago)
New IndieGala...though to be honest (as with previous ones) it seems a bit 'meh'.

Beating an average of $ 1,00 you can get 4 games:
* Making History: The Calm & the Storm - by Muzzy Lane ( Steam key )
One of the best simulator of World War II. A game fairly easy to play that give you even the chance to learn a few things about World War II;
* Beat Hazard - by Cold Beam Games ( DRM FREE )
You play as a little ship that floats around the screen spewing forth several different types of bright, flashy laser blasts as fleets of ships of varying sizes try to bring you down.
* Razor2: Hidden Skies - by Invent4 Entertainment ( Steam key )
A top view shooter that has the style of successful classic arcade games, while using the latest technology to create great visuals and effects.
* Ironclads Collection - by Totem Games ( Steam key )
A Collection that includes each chapter of the Ironclads saga. The amazing Steam-ship period naval combat simulation games focusing on fleet-scale battles in real time. This is the FULL collection with ALL the 5 games!

Beating an average of $ 3,99 you can get 8 games - all the 4 above games plus other 4:
* Space Empires IV Deluxe - by Malfador Machinations ( Steam key )
The award-winning Space Empires IV Deluxe is one of the latest edition in the Space Empires series. A grand strategy title in the space 4X (explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate) genre.
* Battle Mages - by Buka Entertainement ( DRM FREE )
The fantasy game that incorporates elements of both role-playing and real-time strategy gameplay.
* WRC 2010 - by Milestone ( DRM FREE )
The Amazing simulation of the official game of the World Rally Championship. Try experience of taking part in one of the most ferocious and challenging motorsports
*** Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge **- by Invent4 Entertainment ( Steam key )
A physics puzzle game where rats finally get their bloody revenge on their new prisoners: The cats.

Beating an average of $ 5,99 you can get the complete bundle pack of 12 games including also:
* Ninja Blade- by FromSoftware ( DRM FREE )
An action adventure game set within modern day Tokyo. Parasites known as alpha-worms have mysteriously appeared, unleashing a wave of human destruction as they rapidly spread east, reaching the shores of Tokyo.
* SBK X- by Milestone ( DRM FREE )
The most exhaustive and complete motorcycle simulation. Plenty of passion for the sport and attention to detail. Solid online play and wide variety of game modes.
* Puzzle Kingdoms- by Infinite Interactive. ( Steam key )
A puzzle combat game that looks to take the puzzle combat genre into a different direction.
* Disciples II: Rise of the Elves - by Strategy First ( Steam key )
Pointy-ear warriors, get your magical weapons ready. This expertly designed role-playing adventure combines a rich menu of strategic challenges with an immediately intuitive interface and controls.

There are some good games in there, but not that many, and a lot of them are very old games. I find it a little odd that Beat Hazard is listed as DRM-free and not something with a Steam key. Space Empires IV is supposed to be good (if you're into 4X games) but I know Space Empires V has been out for quite some time and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Space Empires VI in development or already out. WRC 2010? It's 2012 - who wants to buy a licensed racing game that's already two years out of date unless their favourite driver's retired or something? But I suppose I shouldn't really be too harsh - $1 for 8 games or $6 for 16 (since one of the ones in the $1 bundle is a collection with "all five games") is a better deal in terms of quantity than Gala's previous offerings, even if the quality of a number of the games leaves a lot to be desired.
(edited 11 years ago)
The English is strong in this one.
Original post by Dalimyr
New IndieGala...though to be honest (as with previous ones) it seems a bit 'meh'.

There are some good games in there, but not that many, and a lot of them are very old games. I find it a little odd that Beat Hazard is listed as DRM-free and not something with a Steam key. Space Empires IV is supposed to be good (if you're into 4X games) but I know Space Empires V has been out for quite some time and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Space Empires VI in development or already out. WRC 2010? It's 2012 - who wants to buy a licensed racing game that's already two years out of date unless their favourite driver's retired or something? But I suppose I shouldn't really be too harsh - $1 for 8 games or $6 for 16 (since one of the ones in the $1 bundle is a collection with "all five games") is a better deal in terms of quantity than Gala's previous offerings, even if the quality of a number of the games leaves a lot to be desired.

I always found Indie Gala to be the weakest of the bundles, tbh. The Humble Bundles are the best.
Original post by cambo211
The English is strong in this one.
Yeah, I've had a mini rant before about how they should get someone who speaks English fluently to proof-read the emails before sending them out.
The following DLC is not on offer, but the game itself is (and is talked about a fair amount in here). Go nuts, friends:

The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb
Original post by JohnnySPal
The following DLC is not on offer, but the game itself is (and is talked about a fair amount in here). Go nuts, friends:

The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb

This includes (for £1.99):

Key Features:
100+ new items! (now over 235 items!)
5+ new chapters!
20+ new enemies!
25 new achievements!
15+ new bosses!
6+ new room types!
6+ new mysterious item drops (eternal hearts, playing cards, dimes and more!)
5+ new music tracks by Danny B
A new item type, Trinkets
A new challenge mode with 10 unique challenges that unlock more content
A new unlockable character, Samson (The Beserker)
A new final (final) chapter and boss with new endings
Tons of new random happenings, curses, blessings, npcs, fortune tellers and more!
Also more super secrets than you'd probably expect... good luck finding them all.
PWYW Game Music Bundle 3: http://www.gamemusicbundle.com/

Our third bundle features the soundtracks to:

Terraria
Plants vs. Zombies
Ilomilo
Dustforce
Frozen Synapse
and more!

PvZ soundtrack on sale = I'ma gonna buy, yo.

I also heard a while back that PopCap are going to release a load of PvZ merchandise now that scumbag EA have gotten ahold of the IP. I am totally not interested in giving scumbag EA every last penny in my bank account, and would totally neg any interested person into oblivion :ninja:
Reply 2098
Psychonauts on sale for £2.99

people should buy now!!!
Original post by Scubar
Psychonauts on sale for £2.99

people should buy now!!!
As with a whole host of other indie titles. It appears to be a promotion for Indie Game: The Movie (available for pre-order, will be released in two weeks), but it seems weird that there is nothing at all on Steam about Indie Game or the games that they've put on sale. Definitely worth a look, though - Super Meat Boy, Braid, World of Goo, Cave Story+, Introversion Complete Pack (that's Uplink, Darwinia, DEFCON and Multiwinia all for under a fiver)...there are some very good games for 50-80% off.

Quick Reply

Latest