Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Game Bargains Thread

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahjongmagic)
    Rather odd summer sale on GOG http://www.gog.com/page/2012_summer_...2_summer_promo 2 games go on sale each day but users can vote on which get the bigger discount (60% opposed to 40%)

Currently its Myst and the 7th Guest on sale, with Alone in the Dark 1,2 + 3 or Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) being tomorrow's sale
    GOG is my favourite games store, I love all the little extras they throw in with games that are such a nice touch. I really hope Indigo Prophecy gets a big discount tomorrow, I've been wanting to play that for a long time!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    GOG is my favourite games store, I love all the little extras they throw in with games that are such a nice touch. I really hope Indigo Prophecy gets a big discount tomorrow, I've been wanting to play that for a long time!
    Last I looked it had double the votes of Alone In The Dark. There are going to be a LOT of disappointed people...
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    WHAT'S THAT I HEAR?!! A STEAM SALE IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER?!?!!

There goes my uni savings
    I do hope they have some large reductions on the train simulator 2012 addons
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkphilosopher)
    WHAT'S THAT I HEAR?!! A STEAM SALE IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER?!?!!

There goes my uni savings
    I do hope they have some large reductions on the train simulator 2012 addons
    I'm so tempted to take the piss here but one of my friends on here and on Steam has Train Sim 2012 so I suppose I'd better keep it zipped :p:
    On a serious note for anyone who actually is interested in it, it was 80% off or something last time it was on sale back in Christmas...though even at £250 or whatever it was for the whole collection, I doubt there were many takers except the most avid of train enthusiasts
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    I'm so tempted to take the piss here but one of my friends on here and on Steam has Train Sim 2012 so I suppose I'd better keep it zipped :p:
    On a serious note for anyone who actually is interested in it, it was 80% off or something last time it was on sale back in Christmas...though even at £250 or whatever it was for the whole collection, I doubt there were many takers except the most avid of train enthusiasts
    Yeah it's like £1200 for the whole collection pre-sale, ridiculous!
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    Yeah it's like £1200 for the whole collection pre-sale, ridiculous!
    Including the base game plus all the DLC, it's just a few quid shy of £1,300. Even the Sims games aren't that bad (though buying a game plus all expansion packs brand new for one of those would have set you back somewhere in the region of £300 per game)
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just came across a bit of money and just got a new 7850 that I've overclocked the hell out of... bring on the games.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    I just came across a bit of money and just got a new 7850 that I've overclocked the hell out of... bring on the games.
    Patience, young padawan. Like I said to someone earlier in the PC Gaming society, we're pretty sure there's a Steam sale coming, but unless they're planning on having it at the same time as the Dawn of War weekend sale is on, it'll be Monday evening at the earliest that the sale goes live.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Patience, young padawan. Like I said to someone earlier in the PC Gaming society, we're pretty sure there's a Steam sale coming, but unless they're planning on having it at the same time as the Dawn of War weekend sale is on, it'll be Monday evening at the earliest that the sale goes live.
    That's what I'm waiting for. And the funds to clear.
    • 165 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's a new Indie Royale bundle:

Indie Royale is back with a bumper Summer Bundle, featuring eight - yes, eight - brilliant indie games, from largescale RTS 'Harvest - Massive Encounter' through critically acclaimed point 'n click adventure 'The Journey Down - Chapter One' and beyond!

This major bundle is headed up by a first-ever bundle inclusion for Oxeye's largescale RTS 'Harvest - Massive Encounter', co-created by current Minecraft lead coder Jens Bergensten (Windows, Mac and Linux on Steam, Desura and DRM-free). Also featured is SkyGoblin's critically acclaimed point 'n click adventure 'The Journey Down - Chapter One' (Windows, Mac and Linux on Desura and DRM-free).

Elsewhere, we're debuting a triumphant return for Croteam's 'long-lost' FPS 'Serious Sam II' (Windows on Steam), a trilogy of top Japanese shmups in the form of 'Gundemonium Recollection', 'GundeadliGne', 'Hitogata Happa' (Windows on Steam, Desura and DRM-Free), the frantic fighting-shooter 'Acceleration of Suguri-X Edition' (Windows on Desura and DRM-Free) plus PixelJam's enhanced indie classic 'Dino Run SE' (Windows, Mac and Linux on Desura and DRM-Free) and another chance for all buyers to get in on the Steam Beta of action strategy F2P hit AirMech, with another bundle-exclusive bonus in-game item! There's something for everyone in this bundle, with 'PixelJams Volume 1' electronic music album for those who pay $8 or more.

Also don't forget that Indie Royale has recently launched its Collection feature. This is a page where Indie Royale purchasers can earn loyalty rewards, manage keys for already-purchased bundles, and add already-completed bundles to their Wishlist for possible bundle reappearances!

More information on the Summer Bundle's games and bonuses is available at our official blog or via our Facebook and Twitter pages. And a final reminder - the more buyers, the more the price will increase, unless kind buyers drop the price, so grab the bundle now while the price is still low!

Thanks again!
    Scott, John, Simon, Bethany and Max
    Desura & IndieGames.com
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Steam, Y U NO HAVE SUMMER SALE!?
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    Steam, Y U NO HAVE SUMMER SALE!?
    To save me from spending money when I can't afford to? :ninja:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    This. A thousand times this.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    So spend the money on a new gaming pc instead....

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/com...ose_a_monitor/ :ninja:
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)
    So spend the money on a new gaming pc instead....

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/com...ose_a_monitor/ :ninja:
    Jesus Christ, ouch. When it comes time for me to replace my current PC (which I have said before could well be happening sometime this year), I don't plan on spending even half that. That is just insane.

Apparently some devs have blabbed and Steam Summer Sale will be starting on July 12th. And someone posted http://i.imgur.com/grNYK.png in a thread about it on the Steam forums :rofl:
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ, ouch. When it comes time for me to replace my current PC (which I have said before could well be happening sometime this year), I don't plan on spending even half that. That is just insane.
    I'm building myself a new rig within the next month and will be spending around that amount

It's an obsession I swear :sad:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think I might wait until the sales to pickup Torchlight then...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Possible Steam Summer Sale Deals:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/09/po...details-arise/
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    If that leak is true then my already stretched bank balance is safe. Apart from possibly the Square Hit and Anno 2070 packs.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    I won't be touching an Anno 2070 pack if it's still only 50% off. Hoping for a better discount on Jagged Alliance too. Looks like I won't be getting any of the indie bundles either - I've got at least three of the five games in everyone of those packs (though I'm missing at least one from every one too :p:)

I shouldn't be spending too much, but ultimately it'll come down to the daily deals.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2014
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.