The Student Room Group

TSR Game Bargains Thread

Scroll to see replies

I was gifted it a while back. It's fun.
I also have TF2 that I got for free but it doesn't run well on my laptop so I've only played it for 10 minutes.
Reply 1381
Muchos gracias!
Original post by Keckers
Portal 1 is now free on steam until the 20th September.

Search Portal 1 and click the link, then click install and it'll add it to your library and start downloading for free.

Enjoy this fantastic game!

You're all welcome :biggrin:

Cheers :smile:
For some reason I can't find it? I even tried to follow the link through google search and it just goes to the homepage...

EDIT: Found it, no worries..thank you OP.
(edited 12 years ago)
Brilliant deals today.

75% off all mount and blade games.

Don't bother with the complete pack, just get Warband.

And Mirrors Edge for £3.25. It's proven itself to be a bit of a 'marmite' game but at £3.25 it's certainly worth a try.
Couldn't agree more - Mount & Blade: Warband and Mirror's Edge are fantastic games.

I'm hoping the initial balance issues that were reported have been fixed and have gone with buying With Fire & Sword, the only M&B game I didn't already own. This is something that annoys me a bit with Paradox games - as awesome as they often end up, when they're initially released they do seem to have a bad habit of being bugged to hell (most notably, Magicka literally had patches released daily for about a fortnight after it came out); would be better to hold the game back to do more thorough QA testing.
Original post by Dalimyr
Couldn't agree more - Mount & Blade: Warband and Mirror's Edge are fantastic games.

I'm hoping the initial balance issues that were reported have been fixed and have gone with buying With Fire & Sword, the only M&B game I didn't already own. This is something that annoys me a bit with Paradox games - as awesome as they often end up, when they're initially released they do seem to have a bad habit of being bugged to hell (most notably, Magicka literally had patches released daily for about a fortnight after it came out); would be better to hold the game back to do more thorough QA testing.

F & S is interesting, doesn't live up to the novels. They intend to add more WB features overtime apparently but I'm not a massive fan yet, due to lack of tournaments etc. The multiplayer though is amazing now.
Please more people get Warband. Nothing like the main native multiplaer server having 150+ people, but its pretty rare these days, usually peaks at around 120 .
Today only on Steam: Magicka for £1.99. Two questions:

Is it worth getting the DLC too? (Complete collection is £4.24)

Does anyone else want to get it and co-op it with me over the next couple of days? I hear it is only really worth playing in co-op, and I am friendless :frown:
Taken from a post over on HotUKDeals, there are a fair number of games on offer at £4.99 on EA's Origin Store today, which can be reduced down to £3.74 using the "heaz4zhw7" 25% discount code:

List

Original post by LtCommanderData

Does anyone else want to get it and co-op it with me over the next couple of days? I hear it is only really worth playing in co-op, and I am friendless :frown:

I have a copy that i've never actually played becuase it won't run on my laptop.

I am getting a new laptop very soon which will run it so i'd be happy to do it then :smile:

Edit: I have all the pre-PvP DLC.
(edited 12 years ago)

I have Magicka, it's really fun. However you really do need people to play with to get the most out of it, I don't have any of the DLC since my siblings hardly play with me...the bastards. :smile:
Original post by cambo211
I have a copy that i've never actually played becuase it won't run on my laptop.

I am getting a new laptop very soon which will run it so i'd be happy to do it then :smile:

Edit: I have all the pre-PvP DLC.

Cool :smile: Let me know when you get the new laptop
Cool :smile: Let me know when you get the new laptop

It should (hopefully) be by the end of the week.

I may have caved and got the rest of the DLC (except the most recent, not on offer one) today :colondollar:
It should (hopefully) be by the end of the week.

I may have caved and got the rest of the DLC (except the most recent, not on offer one) today :colondollar:

Sounds good (I just got the Magicka Collection - ie all DLC except most recent :tongue:)
Sounds good (I just got the Magicka Collection - ie all DLC except most recent :tongue:)

So when i can actually play the damn thing we're on equal footing :tongue:
Ha...just got all the DLC too. I hardly play anymore but meh, why not?
So when i can actually play the damn thing we're on equal footing :tongue:

I may have just bought the Magicka collection on steam. I've only ever played it for about 10 minutes, by myself, on a pirated copy, would be good to play with somebody else.

Drop me a pm with your steam name mate.
Does anybody know where to get Dead Island on PS3 at the cheapest place online? Thanks :smile:
Original post by mevidek
Does anybody know where to get Dead Island on PS3 at the cheapest place online? Thanks :smile:

Cheapest i can see it is Amazon for £37.90.

Invisiblehand can't find it cheaper anywhere else either.

Quick Reply

Latest