The Student Room Group

TSR Game Bargains Thread

Scroll to see replies

MW3 PC can be bought here for £26.65 with code MW3, and includes (if you get to it fast) COD4:MW free. They give you a steam key for them too. I already have COD4, so if someone wants it, give me a PM.

edit: and just like that someone has claimed dibsies
(edited 12 years ago)
ok so I still have a code for COD4, any takers?
Original post by Magnum Opus

How big is the game file?
Original post by SeismicImpact
How big is the game file?

10GB
10GB

Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to download it because my download limit is around 10gb and I had downloaded TF2 a while back which was around 10gb and lost my internet connection for 2 weeks so sorry. :redface:
Original post by SeismicImpact
Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to download it because my download limit is around 10gb and I had downloaded TF2 a while back which was around 10gb and lost my internet connection for 2 weeks so sorry. :redface:

Your download limit is only 10 gigs? What kind of utterly appalling ISP are you using?
Original post by Jace Falco
Your download limit is only 10 gigs? What kind of utterly appalling ISP are you using?

Virgin ADSL broadband lol. :tongue:
Reply 1587
Well Sainsbury's got back to me quickly. They happily cancelled my order (where I had used a 20% off code) and happily told me I could re-order the 360 version, which obviously would be full price :rolleyes:
My request of "Don't send me the PS3 game, just change it to the 360 and send me that" was clearly ignored in an attempt to charge me more. Well **** them and their ****ty tactics, I will trade in a load of games and get student discount in a local games store.

For the sake of ~£10 they have now lost ~£35.

Anyone taken it yet? :smile: I'd love it if not :h:
As a reminder, the second IndieRoyale bundle comes out tomorrow afternoon :smile: Not that the first one ever got too pricey (topped out at about $3.65/£2.30, having started at $1.20/75p), but still better to get in there early to try and get it at its cheapest. Hopefully the games are decent.
Reply 1590
Original post by Mess.

For the sake of ~£10 they have now lost ~£35.

Well, kind of :p:. The £35 might well be a loss-leader for them.
Original post by cambo211

And as if on cue.

"We’ve added two new games to the Humble Voxatron Debut! If you pay above the average price, you’ll receive receive two additional excellent, cross-platform, DRM-free indie games: The Binding of Isaac and Blocks That Matter, plus the brand new Binding of Isaac Halloween update! These two games are optionally redeemable on Steam.

If you have already purchased the Debut, you can find them on your personal download page."

Both of which are games i wanted.
Humble Indie Bundle has been updated again. Now on top of Voxatron and the two games added last week (The Binding of Isaac and Blocks That Matter), you also get Gish, Jasper's Journey, Chocolate Castle and Zen Puzzle Garden, and Voxatron has apparently been updated to add a few 'frequently requested' features.
And so, IndieRoyale's "Difficult 2nd Bundle" is now out. For £1.25 you get:
NightSky
Fate of the World
Scoregasm
Ben There, Dan That
Time Gentlemen, Please!

...and the site's struggling to handle the traffic who've checked the site out as the new bundle was released :p:

Edit: Christ, it's REALLY struggling. An hour and a half later and I've still not been able to get as far as confirming payment; it's a never-ending cycle of 502/504 errors.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1593
Original post by Dalimyr
And so, IndieRoyale's "Difficult 2nd Bundle" is now out. For £1.25 you get:
NightSky
Fate of the World
Scoregasm
Ben There, Dan That
Time Gentlemen, Please!

...and the site's struggling to handle the traffic who've checked the site out as the new bundle was released :p:

I'll try again tomorrow.
Really wanted to try Fate of the World :holmes:

Will persist in trying to purchase :tongue:

Really wanted to try Fate of the World :holmes:

Will persist in trying to purchase :tongue:
Of the three in the bundle that I already owned, FotW is the only one I've actually played. To be honest, it's not that great
Original post by Dalimyr
Of the three in the bundle that I already owned, FotW is the only one I've actually played. To be honest, it's not that great

I didnt expect it to be great but it interested me so for £2 + 3 other games its well worth it.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Edition £3.74 on Steam (PC)

4.99 for the Delux version, might get it.
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey

If you're going for one, get Deluxe. Some (not all, but some) of the DLC do add to the experience, and £1.25 for the lot is a bargain when you think that even the shambles that is the horse armour DLC costs more than that on its own :biggrin: I loved making a mage and sending him off to live in Frostcrag Spire (a mage's tower up in the mountains) or a thief that lived in Dunbarrow Cave (a smuggler's cave) or Deepscorn Hollow (supposed to be a vampire lair, but also suits Dark Brotherhood members and to a lesser extent thieves...the quest to get Dunbarrow was a pain in the arse so Deepscorn was easier to acquire :p:)

I hate to say it, but I really didn't get Oblivion. I spent a few hours in it and, based on that, I wouldn't give it the universal praise it's received. Maybe it's just not my type of game. I might give Skyrim a go when it comes down in price, but I have a nagging feeling it'll just be a prettier, more refined and less buggy version of Oblivion. Anyone got any thoughts on that?

Still, yet another excellent price for a massive game and a couple of add-ons.

Quick Reply

Latest