The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am so stuck with this i ould do laste years and did well on it but i resitting and this one is horrible i cannot connect it 2 any topic areas has your teacher metioned anything ??

Help! i am like 5 marks of an A and i need it for Uni AAAAAHHH
Exactly, it's like WTF?? I can't think of any topics related to it either?? Perhaps oxidation states and all that but that'll be like 2 marks. I really don't know. They might ask about the halogens in water like what colour they'll be. I can't think of one questions they'd ask that would be more than 5 marks??
Reply 3
i think le chatliers principlle with them reversible reactions possibly?? does anyone have any practice questions on it?
Reply 4
the link for the pre release:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/prm/ocr_37506_prm_gce_unit_f332_adv_notice.pdf

if anyone could help i would be very grateful, surley theres some people doing this in january.
Reply 5
I totally think halogens- making and storage. I also think oxidation states, and maybe equilibrium.

I remember in the summer the questions on the article weren't too bad, nothing totally unexpected, so touch wood it wont be too bad again.
Reply 6
what do you mean b making of halogens? do you have any practise questions thanks.
Reply 7
Like, florine is made in situ coz it's so reactive etc. It's in the revision guide.
Reply 8
oh right thanks any other ideas?? any practise questions everyone?
Reply 9
Emailed my teacher, and this is what she said:
"From reading the advance notice article I would suggest questions could be
on the following:
ions in solution - hydrated ions
oxidation states
ionic equations
equilibrium reactions
halogenoalkanes - maybe drawing structure of THMs
a calculation related to the surface area of PAC
Remember they can't ask you anything you haven't already been revising for
the exam, the question should just be in the context of the article."
Reply 10
oh ok thanks whats up with the surface area calculation, also what are you mainlyreivising for the exam what do you think is liekly to come up?
Reply 11
I don't know. I'm just revising everything. I found it's helping me with F334 too.
Reply 12
yeah true, polymer revolution is where i need to revie most, and nucleophilic
Reply 13
All I remember from PR was an experiment with spaghetti.
Just finished my unit 2 biology exam. Phew~ @.@
And I revised the DAY BEFORE the exam... O_O
It was kinda stressful...

This time I got 2 days. Going to use my time more wisely now XD
How much revision has everyone done for it? Finished? O_O
ME TOO! Just finished unit 2 biology resit, but did more revision that you though, really hope I get a decent grade this time or ill be in tears.

Done a bit here and there, really need to go over bond enthalpy and environment stuff. Im just gonna do a load of past papers - i printed out LOADS and have even more from last year lol :biggrin:
lol wow. Yeah, I know what you mean, really want to do well this year too... ^^
Do you have the paper for June 2009 btw??
erm erm yesh somewhere between my huge massive pile of sheets lol

I do, we need to work our socks off, im still trying to do enthaply changes completely forgot how to do them :s-smilie:
I just resitting Bio unit 1.

I really need to get the grade for this chemistry unit up considering I got a D first time round.
I've just been doing a lot of past papers. The advance notice is a biatch though. :frown:
And, yes if anyone does have the June 09 paper I will be forever grateful and rep you for a whole year.
Me too I got a D :frown: my own fault really.

Sorry guys I have the paper but Its in paper form, dont have the scanner so I cant scan it through, unless you want me to give you the wordy questions?

Latest

Trending

Trending