The Student Room Group

Applied science unit 3

Does anyone kno what experiment tmrs unit 3 exam is gonna be abt???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
no idea but 2021s one was physics cant find 22.
Reply 2
Jan 2022 was plants and fuels
Reply 3
Original post by liz._.io
no idea but 2021s one was physics cant find 22.

Jan 2023 was enzymes part A and circuits part B
June was circuits A and diffusion B
Do yk think it’ll be abt enzymes and circuits
Reply 4
Original post by dhjssj
Jan 2023 was enzymes part A and circuits part B
June was circuits A and diffusion B
Do yk think it’ll be abt enzymes and circuits

Oh really thanks for clearing it up. I’m unsure about it being circuits again do think it will be repeated
Reply 5
Also do you dipolma or just double
Reply 6
Also do you dipolma or just double

Single
Reply 7
Original post by dhjssj
Single

Oh ok
Original post by dhjssj
Single

It could be quadrats as it hasn’t appeared yet. I am retaking my unit 3 exam as well.
Reply 9
Original post by ilikefoodxox
It could be quadrats as it hasn’t appeared yet. I am retaking my unit 3 exam as well.

I heard from some teacher that it’s gonna be bio part A and and physics part B I’m not sure tho
Original post by dhjssj
I heard from some teacher that it’s gonna be bio part A and and physics part B I’m not sure tho

What practicals are there for physics. I know there is the fuel practical and circuits. Do we need to know about the specific heat capacity practical? Or is that not included
Reply 11
What practicals are there for physics. I know there is the fuel practical and circuits. Do we need to know about the specific heat capacity practical? Or is that not included

I think that’s it I’m looking in the official guide but all you said was there. I do believe there will be physics unfortunately:frown:. But we just plan against it. What’s your structure gonna be like for the planning question?
I think that’s it I’m looking in the official guide but all you said was there. I do believe there will be physics unfortunately:frown:. But we just plan against it. What’s your structure gonna be like for the planning question?

I am really hoping for quadrats to appear. I am going to structure it with the bullet points they give us. So hypothesis etc. But I do want to spend more time on this question as it has a lot of marks to achieve. I wouldn’t mind physics as the first part but I really want quadrats to be in part B.

Oh I just realised you’re on about the part where we read the practical etc and plan. Within that time I am going to see what the variables are and just draw out my table.
Reply 14
Oh I just realised you’re on about the part where we read the practical etc and plan. Within that time I am going to see what the variables are and just draw out my table.

Oh ok wil be using standard deviation or chi squared or something else. Honestly im kinda confused on my strategy.
Oh ok wil be using standard deviation or chi squared or something else. Honestly im kinda confused on my strategy.

what practicals do you think would appear? I say in part A focus on drawing your table etc because last year paper there were no questions about using statistical methods.
Reply 16
what practicals do you think would appear? I say in part A focus on drawing your table etc because last year paper there were no questions about using statistical methods.

That’s nice then I hope there’s no statistical questions this year
That’s nice then I hope there’s no statistical questions this year

It could appear as it didn’t appear last year in May.
Reply 18
It could appear as it didn’t appear last year in May.

:/. Good luck with unit 3! We will good things to say about it tomorrow. :smile:
Reply 19
I am really hoping for quadrats to appear. I am going to structure it with the bullet points they give us. So hypothesis etc. But I do want to spend more time on this question as it has a lot of marks to achieve. I wouldn’t mind physics as the first part but I really want quadrats to be in part B.

quadrats appeared in 22 don't think it will be them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending