The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
So, 2 days until the exam. How you all feeling?
I figure, if I can go through all the PP tomorrow and learn the entire module today I'll feel good.

But considering how unlikely that is, Roll on Summer! =(
Reply 42
Yea I know the feeling :sad:

I might only have tonight to revise this, however I am tempted to take my teachers offer of having tomorrow nights lesson off and catching up when exams are done on my day off on thurs and over the weekend. The thing that were studying I've done in biology before anyway.

Its difficult to know exactly whats going to come up. In a min i might worth through the list I made on the previous page and post a few vrief revision notes up either in the OP or on this page. That might help me and others at the same time and I'm still wasting time on TSR like I usually do anyway. Bonus! :awesome:

I think I'm gonna try and get some calcuations down tonight. Get a few more marks then do what I did with biology today. My STM memory is serving me so well atm.
Reply 43
OK...reactions we may be asked . I will point out now this is not my work and I take no credit for it. Its just something I found to help revise.
Damn, if only I'd waited and revised those reactions last would have saved writing them all out lmao.
where did that come from? lol

I'm guessing they just decided to take the tools and look at each section in order and do it linearly, as thats exactly how I did it. those tool kits are a pain in the ass I'd much rather learn about 30 or so lines of reactions.

Just AA,O,VCI to go and I can finally hit the PP = /
Reply 45
Yea they are. I'm just trying to go over as much as I can tomorrow. I'm too exhausted tonight.

Igot them from a thread on here last year and used them for revision. Tbh writing them all out might have been a good idea.
Reply 46
Anyone else ******** this exam now?

I don't feel confident enough yet even though I have tested myself on some bits and I know the stuff.
Drudging through the PP lol.

It appears either the spec changed or the qualification got easier... couldn't do much from 2002-2003 but 07/08/09 seems a lot easier from what I've done...

Still Typically about 75-72% = 80% of the marks, considering there'll be maybe 200-500 of us sitting it, the boundries won't be that high surely, and they gotta pity us too right?
Reply 48
Fatal_Microbes
Drudging through the PP lol.

It appears either the spec changed or the qualification got easier... couldn't do much from 2002-2003 but 07/08/09 seems a lot easier from what I've done...

Still Typically about 75-72% = 80% of the marks, considering there'll be maybe 200-500 of us sitting it, the boundries won't be that high surely, and they gotta pity us too right?

I have done at least 7 pp, and just mentally answered and checked MS's of a paper quickly to see if there are any remaining problems (and to be sure I'm gonna look back through the paper I got lowest on in a sec just to be sure then read back through my notes quickly if I have time in the morning. I have memoried the reagents and conditions of the most common reactions tested (nitration, sulphination, Fridel Crafts, Acylation, Chlorination and Azo dyes, as well as the reagents for Diazotiation and the usual Esters etc)

I just hope it is a nice paper with few calcuations.

I think its easier coz in 05 they revised the spec and took some bits out, and changed others. It was very difficult before that.

I hope they take pity, but Im sure they'll think the opposite though :emo:
I basically put everything on 4 Sides, Just hoping my STM holds up lol. But applying it to the 02/03 papers didn't work.

I mean clay soil holding ammonia, what on earth (no pun intended) is the reason for learning about this?

But in all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if questions from Jan 08 showed up. As 31 marks on the Jan 10 materials paper were completely unchanged lmao

Just hoping I can get 2 more done, and still get some sleep lol.
Reply 50
Lol ouch, 2 hours a paper and the exam in >10 hours. Good luck!

I've given up for this evening. I work better in the morning and need to get up early to get to my centre on time so I will have one last time to go back over my notes. I will have another look at the calculations method though and Kow if they are recycling questions.

The clay stuff is rather stupid. I'm glad thats out tbh :biggrin:

If I don;t speak to you before, best of luck for tomorrow! I hope its a nice paper.
Oh its out? damn it. haha, I was making notes from those papers because I didn't know how to do them.

I'm doing them online tbh, Its taking just over an hour as I don't need to actually write the stuff out I'm just doing it mentally.

But we shall see.
A nice 120 mark question what is your name, certainly wouldn't go a miss.
Anyway, I best get on if I want any sleep at all lol.

Good luck to you also :smile:
Reply 52
Men, women, children.

I, too, am resitting this mother-f*cker of a biatch later this morning.

I wish you all the very best in the world.

I got a mighty 79/120 first time round. Back in September, at the start of my gap year I thought ... hmmm, I know, I'LL WORK REALLY REALLY HARD AND GET AN A IN CHEMISTRY JUST TO SHOW OFF EVEN THOUGH I DONT NEED TO!!

5 months later and here I am. Cramming revision at 12.30 the night before.
There's no way I'm going to achieve the 100/120 I need in order to get an A, but frankly I just don't give a ****.

Good luck everyone who cares!
late night cramming ftw...
less than 8.5hrs to go woooo
Reply 54
Last minute cramming :lol: although I shouldn't do really.

I'll say it again...

[scroll][rainbow]Best of Luck![/rainbow][/scroll]
Reply 55
My goodness, that was HORRIBLE!

I have no idea how well that went. Wth is enthalpty of vapourisation? Never heard of it.
that was ******* disgusting
Reply 57
I found that paper annoying a lot of stuff i didnt revise in depth came up!
Reply 58
So much for B in chemistry :lol:

What the hell was that huge question on conditions for the formation of N2O when the equilibrium has same number of gas molecules on each side and very exothermic? And why can it be used on its own as a propellent? That was so random!
Yes, truely annoying.
Agreed on the N2O BS.
The vap stuff I learned but it well... vapourised... stupid evaporating at the equator and condensing over the poles and raining grrrr.
Followed by that random calculation to try and work out the Vap of the H2O.

Anyone for a Facebook campaign?
I wrote at the bottom underneath the end of question paper, Oh really? see you in June :frown:
Maybe I'll get a pityful marker lol.

What was that stupid alcohol amine thing?
1-aminoethanol? arghhh

Latest

Trending

Trending