The Student Room Group

Celibacy

OK, Im not sure if H&R is the best place for this, but its about relationships (sort of).
Has anyone else on TSR took a celibacy vow before? If they have how long did it last? Also, did it affect any relationship you had with someone, positive or negative?
Yes I am watching 40 Days and 40 Nights.
Also, yes, I have got a celibacy thing at the moment, but i was wondering if anyone else was as mad as I am.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
deej2
OK, Im not sure if H&R is the best place for this, but its about relationships (sort of).
Has anyone else on TSR took a celibacy vow before? If they have how long did it last? Also, did it affect any relationship you had with someone, positive or negative?
Also, yes, I have got a celibacy thing at the moment, but i was wondering if anyone else was as mad as I am.

I was celibate until 16

Edit:
Sorry poor attempt :hmpf:
deej2

yes i have a celebacy vow to not have sex before marriage xoxo
Reply 3
tammy_girl
yes i have a celebacy vow to not have sex before marriage xoxo

Is it having any effect on any relationships you have with people who arent so understanding? Certainly did on my last relationship, she was fine at first, but then became inpatient.
deej2
Is it having any effect on any relationships you have with people who arent so understanding? Certainly did on my last relationship, she was fine at first, but then became inpatient.

nope it aint - cause i usually only have casual relationships now, dont see the point...meet up with a fella one night kissin and cuddles thats it for me always has been and they know my stance on sexual intercourse ^_^ xoxo
Reply 5
I'd be scared to make a vow as i know i'd probably break it.
Im not celibate, but congratulate those who are, because its tough. I would like to know what you're views are on the everything else bit. Personally i think the idea of staying celebate is to refrain from lust and that means just about anything after a kiss and a cuddle is breaking that vow, but i know other people have other views.
Reply 7
At the moment I don't want to have sex before marriage...but I don't know if my views will change in a few years or what ever! :biggrin::biggrin:
Lauren Hart
Personally i think the idea of staying celebate is to refrain from lust and that means just about anything after a kiss and a cuddle is breaking that vow, but i know other people have other views.

:ditto: thats exactly true for me but i still carry on being dirty minded just for a laugh :p: lolololol xoxo
Reply 9
deej2

Does that include masturbation...??

If it does that I was celibate for a week 4 times whilst i had a full time job last month. Was just too tired!
Reply 10
tammy_girl
:ditto: thats exactly true for me but i still carry on being dirty minded just for a laugh :p: lolololol xoxo

Im the same, I have one of the dirtiest minds of my group of friends, its a laugh actually, cos Ill say somethin and they'lkl all look at me and say I cant say that.! :eek:
Reply 11
stu673
Does that include masturbation...??

If it does that I was celibate for a week 4 times whilst i had a full time job last month. Was just too tired!

Yes, that does include no masturbation.
deej2
Im the same, I have one of the dirtiest minds of my group of friends, its a laugh actually, cos Ill say somethin and they'lkl all look at me and say I cant say that.! :eek:

exactly! bloody funny too :p: hahahaha but I'm just too dirty minded for any of my girl mates so i gotta talk with my male friends and they think its hilarious ^_^ xoxo
Reply 13
Im not one of those that will say no sex before marriage, but im still waiting for the right one, im fighting off the urge to get it over and done with. I just aint gonna do it for the sake of it nor to keep a guy happy. It will only happen when its feels the right time, otherwise ill hate myself and it will ruin any relationship im in.

I think the ones that wait for mr right or marriage always tend to have the dirtest minds, my mates think thats the case.
Glory
I think the ones that wait for mr right or marriage always tend to have the dirtest minds, my mates think thats the case.

:eek: that could be true - its true in my case :rofl: hahahaha xoxo
Reply 15
tammy_girl
exactly! bloody funny too :p: hahahaha but I'm just too dirty minded for any of my girl mates so i gotta talk with my male friends and they think its hilarious ^_^ xoxo

hmmmm, i get on better with my girl mates, which doesnt make me popular with my male mates cos I can talk easily with them, and I wont even try to get into them!
deej2
hmmmm, i get on better with my girl mates, which doesnt make me popular with my male mates cos I can talk easily with them, and I wont even try to get into them!

lololol nah i get on better with my male friends they are too cool - better fun than the girls tbh always have been a bit of a tomboy :smile: xoxo
Reply 17
Glory

True, in my case at least.
Reply 18
ahh.for sex i m not going to make vows at all. i m going to break them definitely.lol.
IZZY!
ahh.for sex i m not going to make vows at all. i m going to break them definitely.lol.

:rofl: as u normally do :p: xoxo

Latest

Trending

Trending