The Student Room Group

Boys - do you wear fake tan?

A guy in my work says he wears fake tan on his face cause he's pale, he's not a particularly feminine kinda guy really so I was surprised! When he told me another girl was there and she didn't seem surprised either. Am I the only one that thought this wasn't normal for the average straight male? Just wondered & not criticising anyone. I mean if girls can, why can't boys, eh? :p:

Scroll to see replies

Na i'm lucky, im already brown:p:
loads of boys at my school did that...it was so... noticeable :mmm:
Reply 3
Yes.
pamelaa
A guy in my work says he wears fake tan on his face cause he's pale, he's not a particularly feminine kinda guy really so I was surprised! When he told me another girl was there and she didn't seem surprised either. Am I the only one that thought this wasn't normal for the average straight male? Just wondered & not criticising anyone. I mean if girls can, why can't boys, eh? :p:

Owing to hair colour I have enough orange already, I don't need more.
Reply 5
Boys wear fake tan?!?!!?

Well, men don't :awesome:
some do. obviously. but most don't.
pamelaa

Of course boys can wear fake tan, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they should. Imo, moderation is the key. It's just trashy to wear fake tan in the middle of winter. At least, it should look "naturally" :rolleyes:
Just, no. I need to get away from here.
Erm... can't say I ever have or ever will consider it.

Why wear fake tan? :s
Reply 10
No, don't know anyone either. Though I do know a guy who uses sunbeds, lotion and shave legs and chest so I guess that counts for something. He's not gay, 'apparently'.
Reply 11
LOL. That's nasty.
Reply 12
Did it for a fancy dress party, that then got rescheduled!
But was hilarious on both occasions :smile:
pamelaa

I wear fake tan but rarely, i don't really show off my body you see so you can say i can untanned areas. I do have a fit body just not really a show off. People love to show off, i aint one of them.
Reply 14
I don't but I sometimes go on the sunbeds.
I can't believe this idea would actually cross any guys mind.
It's bad enough on girls.
Reply 16
I have all my tan left from a month in Turkey last summer. I'm good for a few months yet i think :biggrin:
Reply 17
That's enough homophobia guys.
Reply 18
No. I'd be more embarrassed wearing fake tan than being pale, which I am.
Reply 19
I'd happily wear fake tan, I'm really pale already so it'd just mean I'd be brighter instead of a ghost

Quick Reply

Latest