The Student Room Group

How to insert picture into a post

Hi,

If it's a picture I have saved on my computer, how do I put it in a post? I've tried to copy and paste, and I've clicked that 'insert a pic' icon but it wants you to give a website, not browse your documents :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help :biggrin:
You need to upload to something like tinypiv/photobucket and put inbetween the tags or go to advanced editor where there should be an option to add an attachment, which looks like a paperclip. Then you can use the URL of the attachment between the tags.
You can attach an image to a post by using the little paperclip button in the advanced reply box, or you can upload to something like tinypic or photobucket and then copy the URL into [noparse][/noparse] tags. :smile:
Reply 3
Thank you guys :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Rancorous

You only need the short URL that ends in .jpg. To get it make sure you go to the actual image itself. Either by clicking view full size image on Google search results or by right clicking on the image itself and copying the image URL.

[NOPARSE][/NOPARSE]

Giving you:
Reply 6
If you're on Chrome you don't even have to go into properties. Simply right clicking gives you the option to 'Copy image URL'. (Ooh, just seen it's been said above - I've only recently started using Chrome and it's great. Can't believe I didn't switch sooner!)

In internet explorer you need to right click, go to to properties and copy the image URL.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Help

Thanks very much mate!
Original post by The Stig
If you're on Chrome you don't even have to go into properties. Simply right clicking gives you the option to 'Copy image URL'. (Ooh, just seen it's been said above - I've only recently started using Chrome and it's great. Can't believe I didn't switch sooner!)

In internet explorer you need to right click, go to to properties and copy the image URL.

on firefox this is called "copy link location" when you right click. same thing though.
Original post by tartanhandbag
on firefox this is called "copy link location" when you right click. same thing though.

After almost five years, Firefox users can now breathe a heavy sigh of relief following this reveal. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending