The Student Room Group

Nexplanon itchy after 5 months

Hi, I’ve had my second nexplanon in since August of ‘21, and this morning I woke up to the old injection site’s skin inflamed, red and itchy. I never had this happen with the first implant and I’m worried, should i see a doctor?
Original post by TiannaBidelspach
Hi, I’ve had my second nexplanon in since August of ‘21, and this morning I woke up to the old injection site’s skin inflamed, red and itchy. I never had this happen with the first implant and I’m worried, should i see a doctor?

It shouldn't have taken since August to now to flare uo as looks like something else causing it to be this way, normally if it going to flare up like this it happens within few days of old one taking out.

Goto your GP on Wednesday when they reopen but can ask local chemist pharmacist to look at it in meantime as they do consultations in majority of chemists.
I experienced the same thing after having it for a year. I am wondering the same thing. I got it removed but want another one because I had 2 of them previously with no issues. Please look at my post, I took pictures. Wondering if it’s the same reaction.
Reply 3
Hi I'm new here but I've had my implant since march 2022 it's been itchy since the day it was inserted. Its been so bad that I'm actually scarred from scratching so much! Should it be like this? Should I have it checked?
Reply 4
Original post by TiannaBidelspach

Hi how was it? Mine is itchy now too. After 10months .. it is super itchy. Should I be worried?

Quick Reply

Latest