The Student Room Group

Maths question

In the Binomial Expansion of (1+x) ^n (power n ).When n is greater or equal to 4 .The coefficient of x power 5 is 2 times the coefficient of x power 4 .Find the value of n
Reply 1
Original post by DrAwadhi
In the Binomial Expansion of (1+x) ^n (power n ).When n is greater or equal to 4 .The coefficient of x power 5 is 2 times the coefficient of x power 4 .Find the value of n

Just write the equation down as given and solve for n. So the coefficients are given by nCr ...

Note it helps to describe in the OP what youve tried/what problem youre having.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by mqb2766

Just write the equation down as given and solve for n. So the coefficients are given by nCr ...

Note it helps to describe in the OP what youve tried/what problem youre having.

Sorry I don’t how to share a picture in this website/app .Can you help if you know
Reply 3
Original post by DrAwadhi
Sorry I don’t how to share a picture in this website/app .Can you help if you know

You could just type the basic equations in or ...
But if you post an image on another site, just link it using the Insert Image icon in the reply toolbar.
Reply 4
Reply 5
Original post by Tom Mort
n...

Best to read the posting guidelines sticky at the top of the forum about posting hints, not solutions. Thanks.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by mqb2766
Best to read the posting guidelines sticky at the top of the forum about posting hints, not solutions. Thanks.

sorry ill delete it
Reply 7
Thank you all 🙏,Be blessed
Ln 2
Reply 9
Ln 2

🙄🙄
Reply 10
The answer is n=14
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 11
Can I have your solution how you calculate
Reply 12
Yes sure, we will have to do this repeatedly. I just put the values in the formula (1+ nx + n(n-1)/2!) you may try using this you will get 1001x power 4 and 2002x power 5.
If you still have a doubt you can let me know.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 13
Original post by dheern_93
Yes sure, we will have to do this repeatedly. I just put the values in the formula (1+ nx + n(n-1)/2!) you may try using this you will get 1001x power 4 and 2002x power 5.
If you still have a doubt you can let me know.

Ok thanks
Reply 14
🙏🙏

Quick Reply

Latest