The Student Room Group

Female friends keep touching him ?

I recently broke up with my bf because I was interested in another guy. I think he likes me too as we have quite a lot of sexual tension and flirting but I have noticed him with other friends and I don't really like their interactions.

There is a girl he has been friends with since 2018 and she was his close guy friends girlfriend. But they broke up. However, he seems way too close with this girl. She keeps throwing herself at him to hug him and tries to touch his hand, hold his hand. She was even touching his hair, telling him how rough his hair looks. He's mostly just patting her on her shoulder but I have noticed her staring at him a lot while talking. She keeps introducing him to her friends, inviting him to events and constantly messaging him.

I think she tried to tell him that she wanted more but he started to get distant from her and getting angry at her when she tried to tell him. My friend who works with him at the cafe (part time) saw them and witnessed their conversation.

But even after this, she's still messaging him, trying to hold his hand, hugging him etc.

He also seems to have only female friends because he keeps a public calender next to my desk and each person he writes down for meet up is a girl. I also saw a picture of him on a couch with another girl and their legs very touching each other.

I find it very uncomfortable that he seems to encourage these women to touch him and seemingly has no boundaries with women whatsoever.

However, with me, he is different. Initially, he would hug but I declined to have casual sex and he stopped hugging or touching me. He acts reserved and stoic with me whereas with other women he is laughing, talking etc.

I dont know if I should pursue this guy or he's just a player who is insecure about his short frame (5.5) and needs to surround himself with women to feel better about himself.

He also said that he's distant in relationships and detached even though when I propose to cut all communication with him, he protested and had a meltdown that we couldn't stop talking.

What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

It wouldn't be worth pursuing a relationship with this guy, because you'd end up constantly stressed by all the girls he hangs around with, I'm not saying it's bad for a guy to have female friends but it seems like his friends are very touchy and he has no boundaries with women; this would make anyone in a relationship feel uncomfortable. I also feel bad for the girl that likes him, because he's not even rejecting her properly and is stringing her along. The fact that he's distant in a relationship just sounds depressing, it's understandable to some extent but the way you described him makes him sound weird - imagine liking someone and being in a relationship - only then to have them ignore you and have fun with their friends instead - based off what you said he does seem like a bit of a player. I hope you find someone better, forget this guy!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
It wouldn't be worth pursuing a relationship with this guy, because you'd end up constantly stressed by all the girls he hangs around with, I'm not saying it's bad for a guy to have female friends but it seems like his friends are very touchy and he has no boundaries with women; this would make anyone in a relationship feel uncomfortable. I also feel bad for the girl that likes him, because he's not even rejecting her properly and is stringing her along. The fact that he's distant in a relationship just sounds depressing, it's understandable to some extent but the way you described him makes him sound weird - imagine liking someone and being in a relationship - only then to have them ignore you and have fun with their friends instead - based off what you said he does seem like a bit of a player. I hope you find someone better, forget this guy!

He has rejected her but she is so desperate that she is still hugging him etc hoping he will give in
Original post by Pkyek
He has rejected her but she is so desperate that she is still hugging him etc hoping he will give in

I guess that's another reason not to go out with this guy, if you guys date you'll have her after you too :K: this guy is involved in too much mess
Reply 4
I guess that's another reason not to go out with this guy, if you guys date you'll have her after you too :K: this guy is involved in too much mess

Nah I will ask him to get rid of her before we even date
Original post by Pkyek
Nah I will ask him to get rid of her before we even date

Good luck with that lol
Original post by Pkyek
I recently broke up with my bf because I was interested in another guy. I think he likes me too as we have quite a lot of sexual tension and flirting but I have noticed him with other friends and I don't really like their interactions.

There is a girl he has been friends with since 2018 and she was his close guy friends girlfriend. But they broke up. However, he seems way too close with this girl. She keeps throwing herself at him to hug him and tries to touch his hand, hold his hand. She was even touching his hair, telling him how rough his hair looks. He's mostly just patting her on her shoulder but I have noticed her staring at him a lot while talking. She keeps introducing him to her friends, inviting him to events and constantly messaging him.

I think she tried to tell him that she wanted more but he started to get distant from her and getting angry at her when she tried to tell him. My friend who works with him at the cafe (part time) saw them and witnessed their conversation.

But even after this, she's still messaging him, trying to hold his hand, hugging him etc.

He also seems to have only female friends because he keeps a public calender next to my desk and each person he writes down for meet up is a girl. I also saw a picture of him on a couch with another girl and their legs very touching each other.

I find it very uncomfortable that he seems to encourage these women to touch him and seemingly has no boundaries with women whatsoever.

However, with me, he is different. Initially, he would hug but I declined to have casual sex and he stopped hugging or touching me. He acts reserved and stoic with me whereas with other women he is laughing, talking etc.

I dont know if I should pursue this guy or he's just a player who is insecure about his short frame (5.5) and needs to surround himself with women to feel better about himself.

He also said that he's distant in relationships and detached even though when I propose to cut all communication with him, he protested and had a meltdown that we couldn't stop talking.

What should I do?

If it doesn't feel right to you move on to someone else. I think your just insecure and jealous, you were initially attracted to him BECAUSE he had lots of females around him, and he has good social skills. You declined physical contact so he did the right thing and stopped touching you before he made you anymore uncomfortable. Maybe he doesn't want to pressure you until you take the initiative.

Also there was no need to try and put him down because of his height, if you didn't like the fact that he was short why did you start a relationship with him. You are in complete control of who you choose to be in your life.
Reply 7
Good luck with that lol

He has a meltdown when I threaten to cut him off so
Original post by Pkyek
He has a meltdown when I threaten to cut him off so

If he’s having melt downs you should definitely run before it’s too late
Reply 9
If he’s having melt downs you should definitely run before it’s too late

Why?
Reply 10
If it doesn't feel right to you move on to someone else. I think your just insecure and jealous, you were initially attracted to him BECAUSE he had lots of females around him, and he has good social skills. You declined physical contact so he did the right thing and stopped touching you before he made you anymore uncomfortable. Maybe he doesn't want to pressure you until you take the initiative.

Also there was no need to try and put him down because of his height, if you didn't like the fact that he was short why did you start a relationship with him. You are in complete control of who you choose to be in your life.

I'm not in a relationship with him
Original post by Pkyek
I'm not in a relationship with him

why are you writing a post about him then...
Reply 12
why are you writing a post about him then...

Because I already wrote in the post that I want to be with him but it's stopping me

Didn't read....
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Pkyek
Because I already wrote in the post that I want to be with him but it's stopping me

Didn't read....

cope
Reply 14
cope

What cope
cope

*insert pic of james cordan (if ykyk)
If you’re not happy with his behaviour now, this just seems like a recipe for disaster.
Reply 17
Original post by Admit-One
If you’re not happy with his behaviour now, this just seems like a recipe for disaster.

This behaviour is acceptable?
Original post by Pkyek

He decides whether it’s acceptable to him. Many people are fine with being flirty and a bit touchy feely whether they’re in a relationship or not.
Original post by Pkyek

he has friend, so what.... your not even together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending