The Student Room Group

LPC at College Of Law or Sheffield

COL BHAM or Universtiy of Sheffield? I cant decide where to go? WOuld you say COL is better? Sheffield is prestigious:woo:

And does it matter that BPP have a closed book examination and COL is open? Open attracts me, because you can take EVERYTHING in!
Reply 1
ChiquitaBanana
COL BHAM or Universtiy of Sheffield? I cant decide where to go? WOuld you say COL is better? Sheffield is prestigious:woo:

And does it matter that BPP have a closed book examination and COL is open? Open attracts me, because you can take EVERYTHING in!

I couldn't decide between BPP and College of Law in Manchester so I went to the open days of each and that helped me to decide. Well, I say it helped, I actually preferred the College of Law open day between the two, but because BPP have a scholarship scheme and an annual essay competition, I chose BPP, as that increases my chances of securing funding.

I can see the attraction in open exams but I actually prefer closed exams. I feel under pressure to perform more in an open exam because I have access to the materials. I like to perform well in either exam but I just prefer closed exams.
Reply 2
I don't think going to either is in any form going to hinder your career chances. Better to look at costs, accommodation opportunities, electives, and whether or not you prefer a more 'university feel' as opposed to a professional day college.
Reply 3
hey, could i ask where you ended up going? I am currently in the same dilemma as you were. I cant decide between University of law (bham) or sheffield!
Original post by j.kaur.95
hey, could i ask where you ended up going? I am currently in the same dilemma as you were. I cant decide between University of law (bham) or sheffield!

The thread is 6 years old, I highly doubt the OP is still here

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending