The Student Room Group

Anyone currently studying, or recently completed the LPC, willing to share resources

Hi all,

I am planning on starting the LPC in September 2023. I want to sort of get an idea of the workload for LPC. If anyone is willing to share, whatever resource materials they have, whether it be, course outlines, workshops, quizzes, reading material. Any resource and guidance given will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
Original post by rickjosh
Hi all,

I am planning on starting the LPC in September 2023. I want to sort of get an idea of the workload for LPC. If anyone is willing to share, whatever resource materials they have, whether it be, course outlines, workshops, quizzes, reading material. Any resource and guidance given will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Hi there!

I'm a student ambassador for ULAW currently studying my LPC in Bristol. Which Uni and where about's are you planning to study?

I can give you a good idea about the LPC workload but just note it will be tailored to ULAW's spec!

I do the LPC full time and try to treat it is as a 9-5 job. I do not work or have any other big commitments so am lucky enough to be able to treat it this way whereas I know some people have other responsibilities which means working later in the evenings or weekends.

If you are doing the LPC full time, you will either be doing 3 or 4 modules each semester. Each week (either for 16 weeks (for core practice ares - semester 1) or 9 weeks (electives - semester 2)) you will have a 2 hour workshop for each module. The preparation for it can be a lot of reading so my first words of wisdom are to keep on top of the reading and prep tasks because it can be very difficult to catch up if you fall behind (yes, I may be speaking from experience!). The workshop groups are quite small (classroom size) and very content heavy - I would bear in mind that from my past experience the workshop tasks have been very similar to exam questions. Following a workshop, there may be a consolidation task to go over but the main consolidation is perfecting your workshop tasks and making sure you understood the workshop itself as ULAW's LPC exams are open book.

So overall, the LPC is a lot of work but once you find your preferred way of learning and get into the swing of things it can be really enjoyable!

Hope this help!

Kate (Student Ambassador)
Reply 2
Hi Kate, are there any resources available for perusal as of now 3 months before course start date.
Original post by UniofLaw Student
Hi there!

I'm a student ambassador for ULAW currently studying my LPC in Bristol. Which Uni and where about's are you planning to study?

I can give you a good idea about the LPC workload but just note it will be tailored to ULAW's spec!

I do the LPC full time and try to treat it is as a 9-5 job. I do not work or have any other big commitments so am lucky enough to be able to treat it this way whereas I know some people have other responsibilities which means working later in the evenings or weekends.

If you are doing the LPC full time, you will either be doing 3 or 4 modules each semester. Each week (either for 16 weeks (for core practice ares - semester 1) or 9 weeks (electives - semester 2)) you will have a 2 hour workshop for each module. The preparation for it can be a lot of reading so my first words of wisdom are to keep on top of the reading and prep tasks because it can be very difficult to catch up if you fall behind (yes, I may be speaking from experience!). The workshop groups are quite small (classroom size) and very content heavy - I would bear in mind that from my past experience the workshop tasks have been very similar to exam questions. Following a workshop, there may be a consolidation task to go over but the main consolidation is perfecting your workshop tasks and making sure you understood the workshop itself as ULAW's LPC exams are open book.

So overall, the LPC is a lot of work but once you find your preferred way of learning and get into the swing of things it can be really enjoyable!

Hope this help!

Kate (Student Ambassador)
Original post by rickjosh
Hi Kate, are there any resources available for perusal as of now 3 months before course start date.

Hi!

There is no essential/compulsory reading or preparation to do before the course starts but when you join you will be expected to have a basic knowledge of Contract, Tort, Land Law, Equity and Trusts, Public Law, Criminal Law, the structure of the court system, remedies, offences, causes of action and defences, property interests and EU law. So touching up your knowledge on these areas is advised if you are a bit rusty and there are multiple choice questions that come out on the virtual learning environment (which is called 'Elite') a month before induction.

All our course materials will be sent to you and available on Elite 2 weeks before induction so you will be able to start preparing for your start.

Hope this helps!

Kate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending