The Student Room Group

mature Polish, any chances?

Hi I'm 26, i finished my high school in 2002 with math on 6grade (highest possible) polish 4 and english 4, I want do IELTS in May, Im applying to forensic science, I am doing full time work as a health care assistant, but i want cut on part time in case if i will be accept. Ive send my app few days ago as uni just answer me i should use extra. and my question is:
if i was 2 years in army, 1 year in security (bank guard) and 2 years as a health care assistant, i have great references(im hard working, fast learn, team working, solving problmes on my own, good organizational skills etc etc) i learned in army about finding traces and putting clues together, I have had been part of maths and geography clubs, I was doing logical discusses (f.e. logical paradoxes), I'm doing privately C# design and developing course, I achieved MCP and MCDST (also study by my own) I've put it all in my PS, i gave it to check my english friends but apparently they werent best in school, i found (after i send it) i still got 1 misspel (During my 2 years army service in Poland I learned how to work as a team member, how to find traces and how to put clues together (broken branch, or unnatural ground mound for example). and few a/an/the are missing. Do you think it will give very bad impression. should i lost any hope? do you think as mature applicant with job history as above i have any chances? my preffered uni still have places (they open for extras). Is it any matter im Polish?

also some people say if I apply after deadline uni can not answer me at all. If i have got message from uni: ' Dear Pawel
Thank you for choosing to study at Bournemouth University.
We wanted to let you know that your application has arrived safely and we will be in touch soon to tell you how your application is progressing.
In the meantime, if you have any questions please give us a call.
Best wishes' so is it mean they will certainly reply to tell if i am succesfull or not?
maybe i should keep calling them? any advice to boost my chances? I didnt wrote i want study master after so it may be important?

Latest

Trending

Trending