The Student Room Group

Will RG unis accept me if I have resits?

Due to personal mental health issues throughout year 13, I didn't do as well as expected in my exams. I was predicted A*A*A in Maths, Psychology and Physics respectively, and ended up getting BBC instead.

I plan on resitting all 3, as I know that I can get my original predicted grades, but I'm worried that I won't receive any offers from unis. I'm applying for psych with neuroscience to pretty much just Russell Groups (mainly focused on King's, Nottingham and Manchester, entry requirements are AAA) which all say they accepts resits but just at a lower chance of getting an offer.
Bearing in mind I didn't even get an offer from King's LAST year, do I really have a chance of them even considering me with resits?

Thanks xx
Original post by aerazhgbrsfgb
Due to personal mental health issues throughout year 13, I didn't do as well as expected in my exams. I was predicted A*A*A in Maths, Psychology and Physics respectively, and ended up getting BBC instead.

I plan on resitting all 3, as I know that I can get my original predicted grades, but I'm worried that I won't receive any offers from unis. I'm applying for psych with neuroscience to pretty much just Russell Groups (mainly focused on King's, Nottingham and Manchester, entry requirements are AAA) which all say they accepts resits but just at a lower chance of getting an offer.
Bearing in mind I didn't even get an offer from King's LAST year, do I really have a chance of them even considering me with resits?

Thanks xx

You've said they "all say they accepts resits but just at a lower chance of getting an offer" and then asked "do I really have a chance of them even considering me with resits?" Do you think they're lying when they say they accept resits?

Perhaps you're thinking, "If my application is no better this year than last (same predicted grades, same subjects, same GCSEs, same reference, same personal statement), and they didn't make me an offer last year, then why would they make me an offer this year when they've said the resits mean I have a lower chance of getting an offer?" That would be a perfectly reasonable question. However, you've asked "do I really have a chance of them even considering me with resits"; they will absolutely consider you.

Perhaps the competition (in terms of other students) will be different this year? Perhaps they have more places on the course this year? Perhaps you've "polished" your personal statement, and it's actually a lot better as a result? Perhaps you've done lots of supercurricular activities, and mentioned them in your personal statement, this time around? Perhaps they like your tenacity at not giving up and trying again? Or not. Who knows? But they will consider you.
Reply 2
Many top Unis do not have an issue with resits - have you spoken to Bath, Bristol etc?
Original post by DataVenia
You've said they "all say they accepts resits but just at a lower chance of getting an offer" and then asked "do I really have a chance of them even considering me with resits?" Do you think they're lying when they say they accept resits?

Perhaps you're thinking, "If my application is no better this year than last (same predicted grades, same subjects, same GCSEs, same reference, same personal statement), and they didn't make me an offer last year, then why would they make me an offer this year when they've said the resits mean I have a lower chance of getting an offer?" That would be a perfectly reasonable question. However, you've asked "do I really have a chance of them even considering me with resits"; they will absolutely consider you.

Perhaps the competition (in terms of other students) will be different this year? Perhaps they have more places on the course this year? Perhaps you've "polished" your personal statement, and it's actually a lot better as a result? Perhaps you've done lots of supercurricular activities, and mentioned them in your personal statement, this time around? Perhaps they like your tenacity at not giving up and trying again? Or not. Who knows? But they will consider you.

PRSOM!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending