The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hey,

Just wanted to ask how do you apply your revision to the case study material? I'm comfortable with the theory, I'm just unsure of how to use the case study alongside it.

Thanks.
Reply 41
::SK::
Hey,

Just wanted to ask how do you apply your revision to the case study material? I'm comfortable with the theory, I'm just unsure of how to use the case study alongside it.

Thanks.

Use the case study to guess the topics the questions are likely to be on and make sure you are confident about answering those kind of questions.
Reply 42
Reply 43
Finbar21
Use the case study to guess the topics the questions are likely to be on and make sure you are confident about answering those kind of questions.

Hey, could I ask you a question? You know the 10 marks questions in section 1 and 2 the last part, are you meant to write them proper exam style, i.e introduction, main body and conclusion?
Thank you in advance.
Reply 44
MCYan
Hey, could I ask you a question? You know the 10 marks questions in section 1 and 2 the last part, are you meant to write them proper exam style, i.e introduction, main body and conclusion?
Thank you in advance.

Yeah, thats what I have been told anyway. Conclusion is most important.
Reply 45
Finbar21
Yeah, thats what I have been told anyway. Conclusion is most important.

Even for 10 marks? :s-smilie:
Reply 46
MCYan
Even for 10 marks? :s-smilie:

yeah just spend less time on it than the other
Reply 47
yeah for the 10 marks one just dont put down as many points for your for and against part of the mini essay..jus one or two short analysis points for each den a conclusion will do the trick.. if u can put a wee diagram to show ur applyin economic theory aswl..
Reply 48
Can anyone think of any potential last questions?
Reply 49
Yeahdigg
yeah for the 10 marks one just dont put down as many points for your for and against part of the mini essay..jus one or two short analysis points for each den a conclusion will do the trick.. if u can put a wee diagram to show ur applyin economic theory aswl..

How about intro? Thanks :smile:
Reply 50
Guys for the last extract. Why might be disagreement over who is the biggest polluter in the world?
Reply 51
MCYan
How about intro? Thanks :smile:

yh a short intro/definition if there are any key words which need to be defined...sometimes there isnt and u can prob jus go straight on to the main bit..

also i dnt tink dat question about whether there wil be disagreements is likely to come up...i reckon it'll be more about evaluatiing the different policies used to curb emissions or whether or say discuss the reasons behind china's apparent u-turn in a drive for more sustainable economic growth
Reply 52
Yeahdigg
yh a short intro/definition if there are any key words which need to be defined...sometimes there isnt and u can prob jus go straight on to the main bit..

also i dnt tink dat question about whether there wil be disagreements is likely to come up...i reckon it'll be more about evaluatiing the different policies used to curb emissions or whether or say discuss the reasons behind china's apparent u-turn in a drive for more sustainable economic growth

So you don't need a evaluation.

What did you think Alistair darling hope to achieve by allowing the golden rule and the sustainable investment rule to be broken? I can't think of anything!
Thank you
Reply 53
yh evaluation is key in all 10 + questions..u gotta evaluate..dnt 4 get dat..n im tinkin da last question will be on the last extract like in da january paper... ( da questions are on dis thread if u aint seen dem
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1292952

dey gotta be kinda vague questions coz not many people have revision packs on it n ur supposed to be able to answer it from ur knowledge of the txt book so im guesin da last question will be assessing the importance of countries now tryin to make economic growth sustainable and seeking development
Reply 54
Yeahdigg
yh evaluation is key in all 10 + questions..u gotta evaluate..dnt 4 get dat..n im tinkin da last question will be on the last extract like in da january paper... ( da questions are on dis thread if u aint seen dem
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1292952

dey gotta be kinda vague questions coz not many people have revision packs on it n ur supposed to be able to answer it from ur knowledge of the txt book so im guesin da last question will be assessing the importance of countries now tryin to make economic growth sustainable and seeking development

Yeah that's what I thought for the last question.
What did you think Alistair darling hope to achieve by allowing the golden rule and the sustainable investment rule to be broken? I can't think of anything! This question could come up!
Reply 55
BTW guys do you want the leaked paper for Jan 2010? Basically paper was put online on OCR by accident, therefore we did the replacement paper. But I have the leaked paper, extra questions to try.
Reply 56
Kameo
BTW guys do you want the leaked paper for Jan 2010? Basically paper was put online on OCR by accident, therefore we did the replacement paper. But I have the leaked paper, extra questions to try.

Yes please :smile:. Thank you so much, I will pm you my email.
Reply 57
Finbar21
Can anyone think of any potential last questions?

Probably something to do with sustainable development, as that's what the last extract is on.
Reply 58
Kameo

I've posted some Jan 10 questions here, are they the same? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=25608191#post25608191
Reply 59
Adam92
Probably something to do with sustainable development, as that's what the last extract is on.

What would you think the actual question though as a whole? I know sustainable policy but..

Latest

Trending

Trending