The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

SirAlexander
Omg, that happened to me too!!!

Its such the scariest feeling!
Reply 581
Just had a really bad lesson, probably the worst I've had so far.

-My instructor had to slam on the brakes coming out of a junction because I didn't check again that it was clear
-For some reason, I drove all the way around a roundabout in what would have been third gear if my instructor hadn't changed it for me
-I drove on the right side (the wrong side) of the road because I thought it was for turning right and would have missed the road I was meant to turn into if I wasn't stopped (didn't actually see it)
-Stalled many times when moving off, something I thought I was pretty much over

conclusion: I suck at driving :frown:

edit: - also went onto a curb. twice I think..
Wednesday Bass
I've passed my theory test today! Only just though! 43/50 for the multiple choice and 55/75 for the hazard perception! :biggrin: :woo:

Then I got to drive the long way home via the garden centre from the test centre. Must've done the best part of 40 miles today I reckon! And no deaths! haha

Congratulations! :woo:
Had a 2 hour lesson today. Went on some of the test routes and did quite well! I think I prefer 'faster' parts (Big double roundabouts, dual carriageways etc), to normal driving. The thing I'm most worried about is going past parked cars. Do I go? Should I wait for the the other person to come through? I also keep forgetting to check my blind spot when moving off.

The worst part, and only bad part of the lesson was when my instructor had to slam on the brakes.

I was turning left at a big junction, and there was a give way just before the road i was turning into. I didn't know that other traffic was coming, so my instructor had to slam the brakes.

It really drops your confidence when your instructor has to correct you, doesn't it? But you just have to forget about it and carry on.
Test no. 4 tomorrow...hopefully it'll be more successful than the other 3! Good luck to those of you with tests coming up!
DiamondsAreForever
Its such the scariest feeling!

Well my driving instructor spotted her before I did. :tongue:
Reply 586
bzzz
-Stalled many times when moving off, something I thought I was pretty much over

I passed my test over a month ago and I still stall (obv not as much as I used to). I was driving to an exam last week and I was behind a teacher's car... they stalled pulling into the school drive and they're at least 40 years old.

Really really don't let stalling get you down, because EVERYONE does it.
How long should it take you to reach your biting point after 20 hours of lessons?

I don't take that long but I seem to be making a conscious effort to reach it, whereas other people just do it.
My test is in 9 days and i haven't done parallel parking or emergency stops yet. Should i be worried? Taking in mind ill be having a lesson every day leading up to my test.
Reply 589
jontylol
My test is in 9 days and i haven't done parallel parking or emergency stops yet. Should i be worried? Taking in mind ill be having a lesson every day leading up to my test.

Emergency stop is about a ten min lesson, so no worries about that. Hopefully your instructor will get cracking with the parallel park soon, but if you're worried, just ask.
Atrixa
Emergency stop is about a ten min lesson, so no worries about that. Hopefully your instructor will get cracking with the parallel park soon, but if you're worried, just ask.

Ah good, ill ask him next lesson :smile:

And i go to college in washington :five:
purple-girl
Test no. 4 tomorrow...hopefully it'll be more successful than the other 3! Good luck to those of you with tests coming up!

how did u do?
jessyfantastic90
how did u do?

Failed miserably :frown:. Think nerves got the better of me, though it's not an issue I had with any of my previous tests...
SirAlexander
How long should it take you to reach your biting point after 20 hours of lessons?

I don't take that long but I seem to be making a conscious effort to reach it, whereas other people just do it.

I can pretty much find it straight away when i'm ready to move off.
Reply 594
jontylol
Ah good, ill ask him next lesson :smile:

And i go to college in washington :five:

Usworth 6th form by any chance? I did my a-levels there :smile:

Anyone got any tips on the best times of day to book your test?
Reply 595
Atrixa
Usworth 6th form by any chance? I did my a-levels there :smile:

From about 6 to about 8pm, most cancellations appear then, as people learn of their commitments during the day and then come home and cancel or change their test.
Atrixa

For the actual practical test? My instructor said between 10am-2pm are the best times; however, in my opinion there's never really a 'good' time!! :p:
If you meant for actually booking it on the internet, then Teh User's already answered you. :wink:
has anyone done their driving test in Belverdere? if yes what kind of roads are they mostly? and any tips? ive got mine on monday, have been driving for about 15months now, but have had no lessons. planning in doing at least 8 hours by monday.

any tips??
Reply 598
got my first lesson in 45 minutes...
Got my 9th lesson in a few hours. Haven't had a lesson in 2 weeks as I was ill last week so I bit worred. :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending