The Student Room Group

What should I wear to theory test?

I did the theory test many years ago but can't remember what I wore, all I remember is that I was told to remove my cardigan, jacket, watch and bag and place in locker. Now I'm doing it again, I'm thinking of wearing jeans with a long floral sleeveless shirt with collar and buttons down the middle, I wanted to wear something that covers my neck because it's cold now and also I have flea bites on my neck as my cat had them recently and if people see them they're going to stare. I'm going to wear hoody and jacket over that and trainers with and obviously a bag . I this outfit ok? I'm worried they'll ask me to take off the shirt idk why. I don't have anything else that will cover my neck and don't have the time to go out to buy something else now.
Original post by Anonymusy
I did the theory test many years ago but can't remember what I wore, all I remember is that I was told to remove my cardigan, jacket, watch and bag and place in locker. Now I'm doing it again, I'm thinking of wearing jeans with a long floral sleeveless shirt with collar and buttons down the middle, I wanted to wear something that covers my neck because it's cold now and also I have flea bites on my neck as my cat had them recently and if people see them they're going to stare. I'm going to wear hoody and jacket over that and trainers with and obviously a bag . I this outfit ok? I'm worried they'll ask me to take off the shirt idk why. I don't have anything else that will cover my neck and don't have the time to go out to buy something else now.

Don't wear anything that can get caught in the door or anything that can get in the way of your arms and hands. Also, don't wear anything that can obstruct vision like hats, hoodies or jackets. A long sleeved shirt or t-shirt is effective and appropriate. Jeans and jogger are both acceptable. Wear sneakers or trainers, not boots. Do not wear gloves or bracelets. Watches are okay. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Vyshto Andeddu
Don't wear anything that can get caught in the door or anything that can get in the way of your arms and hands. Also, don't wear anything that can obstruct vision like hats, hoodies or jackets. A long sleeved shirt or t-shirt is effective and appropriate. Jeans and jogger are both acceptable. Wear sneakers or trainers, not boots. Do not wear gloves or bracelets. Watches are okay. Hope this helps :smile:

Watches are not ok - need to go in the locker just like a phone.

Are you thinking of a practical driving test? This is the theory test in an office, you can wear whatever footwear you want

OP - they won't care about the shirt or your neck, everyone is there for their own test. You might still be asked to leave a jacket in the locker and not wear a hood up.
Original post by StriderHort
Watches are not ok - need to go in the locker just like a phone.

Are you thinking of a practical driving test? This is the theory test in an office, you can wear whatever footwear you want

OP - they won't care about the shirt or your neck, everyone is there for their own test. You might still be asked to leave a jacket in the locker and not wear a hood up.

Apologies, I didn't see the word theory at first, I did think it was a practical driving test.
Reply 4
Update: I wore what I originally planned on wearing and it was fine, I didn't have a watch but was just asked to put other belonging, jacket, anything with pockets so my hoody and bag/phone went in locker, they did a few checks before going in test room to make sure I wasn't wearing a watch and an ear [not sure what for] and pocket check. Overall a good experience and I passed 🥳
Original post by Anonymusy

If you mean like a driving theory test, then i think it would be fine. I was allowed to put my coat in the locker and wear my hoodie, provided that the pockets were empty.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending