The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Hi everyone,

Got my first driving test on Tuesday morning at 11:11 - very very nervous. Done loads of practice with my instructor, and had plenty of private practise. What time is best to have the driving test?

Cheers,

Tom :smile:
Reply 781
TStanley
Hi everyone,

Got my first driving test on Tuesday morning at 11:11 - very very nervous. Done loads of practice with my instructor, and had plenty of private practise. What time is best to have the driving test?

Cheers,

Tom :smile:

The time you've got sounds alright- most people will be at work.
How do i go about booking my practical? How do i see what dates and times are available?
Tom Wigan
How do i go about booking my practical? How do i see what dates and times are available?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/documents/digitalasset/dg_186302.html

If you are booking with an instructor you will need there ADI number to see what tests are available with them and make sure there are no clashes with your instructors other tests.
Got my second lesson in half an hour, had a bit of a panic in the first after having successfully driven up and down the road a bit, using all 5 gears etc, I'm feeling pretty good about myself at that point as I was sure I wouldn't be able to even do that, but then on the way up my street he asked me to stop by the kerb and for some reason I had a panic and smashed my foot into the accelerator (I know, wtf, you panic, you smash the brake but yeah). He stopped me, obviously, but now I'm really scared and convinced I'm not going to be able to even move the car today :frown:

EDIT: OK, just got back, much better than I expected, wish I had a bit more of a reassuring instructor though I think.
Reply 785
First post in this thread :smile:.

I took my theory yesterday and passed 47/50 on multiple choice and 68/75 on hazard perception! Now need to brush up on everything for my practical!
Reply 786
Is 48 and 65 on theory good?
Vazzyb
Is 48 and 65 on theory good?

Yes :biggrin:
Reply 788
affinity89
Yes :biggrin:

haha great :smile:

That CD is absolutely amazing - I swear I had done about 45 of the questions before! So i guess I got 3/5 lol

And random clicking is the way forward!
Reply 789
Test booked for 9:17 26th august :smile:
Atrixa

Good luck! :smile:
Atrixa

Is this your first test??

Im looking for a cancellation atm after failing yesterday (was 1st test)
Atrixa

Good luck!
Nice time, I think. Rush hour will have just finished so the roads should be nice and quiet. :h:
Reply 793
Thanks guys! Yeah it's my first one. I hate the fact i'll have to get up early, though.
Atrixa
Thanks guys! Yeah it's my first one. I hate the fact i'll have to get up early, though.

Good Luck anyway
Lesson number 16 today in a few minutes. I'm finally feeling like I'm progressing from one lesson to another. Hope I haven't spoken too soon though!
I'm really annoyed at the moment. I'm ready to take my test, my instructor reckons I'll be able to pass first time, but I'm having an operation on my knee tomorrow. So I have no idea how long I will be unable to drive, and I was hoping to pass before I go to university in September... Argh....
Reply 797
Had a lesson early this morning, some roundabout woke me up, hehe! My driving seems really good, and I'm actually pretty confident about my test now :smile:
Well, in my lesson tonight we are doing emergency stops... Terrified I'm gonna put my instructors head through the windscreen or something...
DiamondsAreForever
Well, in my lesson tonight we are doing emergency stops... Terrified I'm gonna put my instructors head through the windscreen or something...

A whole lesson on them? Be careful you're not getting ripped off a bit. It shouldn't take an hour to learn to stop quickly.

Latest

Trending

Trending