The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bartonhollow
Thanks, failed though :frown: messed up with gears and stuff I don't usually do! So annoyed at myself but oh well haha

:console:

How many minors and majors and for what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
:console:

How many minors and majors and for what?

Posted from TSR Mobile

7 minors, for control, a few for progress, 1 for approach speed at junctions and 1 for awareness/planning and 2 serious, for gears and change direction*:frown: so not too brilliant!
7 minors, for control, a few for progress, 1 for approach speed at junctions and 1 for awareness/planning and 2 serious, for gears and change direction*:frown: so not too brilliant!

What were the two incidents that caused the dangerous faults for gears and change direction ?

Talk me through the situation and how you approached it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What were the two incidents that caused the dangerous faults for gears and change direction ?

Talk me through the situation and how you approached it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There were a few times where I messed up the gears and a time when I didn't change down and stalled, there were cars behind so that was pretty bad! Don't know what was going through my head. And the serious for changing direction was there was a parked van and I signalled to move out but there was a car and for some reason I just drove out in front of it so they had to brake. Just really stupid mistakes that I don't do otherwise!
There were a few times where I messed up the gears and a time when I didn't change down and stalled, there were cars behind so that was pretty bad! Don't know what was going through my head. And the serious for changing direction was there was a parked van and I signalled to move out but there was a car and for some reason I just drove out in front of it so they had to brake. Just really stupid mistakes that I don't do otherwise!

Yea, you can find yourself in the wrong gear a lot during lessons and worrying about it. Ever since passing I've only had one or two incidents of being in the wrong gear.

That second one does sound serious. Need to give everyone extra space on your test and it's always best to wait when going around parked cars etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yea, you can find yourself in the wrong gear a lot during lessons and worrying about it. Ever since passing I've only had one or two incidents of being in the wrong gear.

That second one does sound serious. Need to give everyone extra space on your test and it's always best to wait when going around parked cars etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely! The second was just total stupidity on my part, don't know why I didn't think to move out earlier or just wait for the car to pass. Oh well, I'll keep these things in mind for next time :smile:
Got my driving test tomorrow morning... absolutely bricking it :woo:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

Good luck our kid
Original post by TornadoGR4
Good luck our kid

Thanks Tornado :redface:
Do you drive?
Thanks Tornado :redface:
Do you drive?

I do. French hatchback, 111,000 miles and about as reliable as a blind surgeon.

Oh I see, haha. Passed first time? :smile:

Good luck! Try to keep calm and stay concentrated throughout the whole test. I've got my driving test in a couple of weeks and even i don't feel ready yet.. :erm:
Oh I see, haha. Passed first time? :smile:

I did, with 8 minors (4 of which were mirrors). Back in May, that was :moon:
Original post by asr11
Good luck! Try to keep calm and stay concentrated throughout the whole test. I've got my driving test in a couple of weeks and even i don't feel ready yet.. :erm:

Thanks Asr, got lots of butterflies now! And good luck to you too, let me know when it gets nearer to your test so I can help with some advice :smile:

I did, with 8 minors (4 of which were mirrors). Back in May, that was :moon:

Mirrors are such an issue for me. During a driving lesson I'd check my mirrors and my instructor would go "You didn't check your mirrors" and I'll be like "Yes, yes I did" and they'll go "Well make it more obvious!!" :lol:
What time was your test if you don't mind me asking?

Mirrors are such an issue for me. During a driving lesson I'd check my mirrors and my instructor would go "You didn't check your mirrors" and I'll be like "Yes, yes I did" and they'll go "Well make it more obvious!!" :lol:
What time was your test if you don't mind me asking?

9:20am, but I had an hour with my instructor beforehand. Quite a busy time, so I spent a lot of time in side streets and estates. I was told my mirror work was poor, he named an example of when I moved over to the right hand lane in a dual carriageway and didn't check, but I did have a glance in them before I moved over. Guess you really have to let them know you're checking.
9:20am, but I had an hour with my instructor beforehand. Quite a busy time, so I spent a lot of time in side streets and estates. I was told my mirror work was poor, he named an example of when I moved over to the right hand lane in a dual carriageway and didn't check, but I did have a glance in them before I moved over. Guess you really have to let them know you're checking.

I have mine at 8.57am :frown:
And I also have a lesson with my instructor beforehand so I have to be up at like 6.30am or whatnot.
I don't want to take my instructor with me, I hope she won't feel bad about it...lol.

...an old clio, then? :biggrin:
I have mine at 8.57am :frown:
And I also have a lesson with my instructor beforehand so I have to be up at like 6.30am or whatnot.
I don't want to take my instructor with me, I hope she won't feel bad about it...lol.

Nah, I didn't have my instructor with me either and I think it's better that way.

Original post by The Assassin
...an old clio, then? :biggrin:

Spot on.
Got my second test tomorrow 11.09 hopefully won't let the nerves get the better of me and stall and roll back after 2 mins like I did in my first test!
I've got my driving theory test soon, and I was wondering, what do I need to bring to the test? i.e. I.D

Latest

Trending

Trending