The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Seeing as you are nervous and I'm not that mean, I'll just give you a poke about the swear filter!

How did the test go?

I passed! Ten minors, examiner said I was about thisclose to getting a major for holding up traffic on the dual carriageway, but I made it to the left hand side just before he was going to mark it down (never had I been on a dual carriageway where the slip road was on the right!). Oh well!

And thanks about the swear filter, I've gotten in trouble about it so many times, but a nasty moderator was all mardy with me the first time I did it, I didn't know! :s-smilie:
Still haven't started lessons again yet :frown: really depressing. I just can't afford to be spending £25-50 a week with no income! Just hoping I get a job asap and start again because I miss driving so much!
Lesson today cancelled :frown:
Instructor has been up 2 nights with toothache and managed to get a dental apt for now. Gutted but i'd rather she got help with her teeth
Another good lesson :smile:
Reply 1784
test this wednesday!

ARGHHH!
Reply 1785
I first started driving lessons in 2004 but stopped and started them for various reasons. Have my first ever (and hopefully last) test next week! Am very nervous. None of my family drive so will be a big deal when I pass, plus i'm starting a new job in August and having a car would make life so much easier.

ARGH!
Good luck to everyone doing their test!

Just try and forget it's an examiner sitting there and pretend it's a new instructor just observing your driving skills! :smile: The more you think he's examining you the more cautious you'll be!

It's really not as bad as people make out :smile: xx
I have my test this Thursday! Looking forward to it, strangely!
Got my third lesson on Tuesday :biggrin:
I'm enjoying driving, apart from when I accidently lost control of the wheel in my first lesson :rolleyes:

Don't feel like I'll ever be able to drive properly at this point though :P I'll be stuck at 2nd gear for years.
Not had a lesson for nearly a week now, worried i'm gonna have to spend some of my next one re-learning things i've already done due to my rubbish memory
Reply 1790
Got my test tomorrow and getting worried about the manoeuvre, am not confident with parallel parking so hoping I get turn in the road.
Really want to pass, have been learning for nearly a year now (with two instructors, my first one was awful).
Reply 1791
I've had 6 lessons now and I still cant control the damn clutch
Reply 1792
I have my theory tomorrow, eek. :eek:
How does everyone deal with nerves? In mock tests I always fail because a stupid mistake makes me lose all hope and ruins it completely.
Original post by Botticello
How does everyone deal with nerves? In mock tests I always fail because a stupid mistake makes me lose all hope and ruins it completely.

Don't worry about mock tests, I failed all of mine but I passed first time :biggrin: At least you can learn and correct any mistakes before the real thing.
I have my last lesson thursday. Am bricking it for the test :bawling:
I have my last lesson thursday. Am bricking it for the test :bawling:

Same! I have my test tuesday and managed to squeeze in 3 lessons this week to get extra practice
Original post by tomksia09
Same! I have my test tuesday and managed to squeeze in 3 lessons this week to get extra practice

Saturday for me :puke:

Am just learning some show me tell me questions to try and get as few minors as possible to give me more leeway :sad:
Saturday for me :puke:

Am just learning some show me tell me questions to try and get as few minors as possible to give me more leeway :sad:

Whats a show and tell question?
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Whats a show and tell question?

The questions they ask at the start of the test

Latest

Trending

Trending