The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
davidmarsh01
We did unit 3 first, because it's apparently easier, then unit 1 and now we're doing unit 2 a funky way as well so we finish on the liver haha

:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L
Reply 21
Wee bit off yet, feeling nervous? Feel free to ask questions and post tips here!
Reply 22
Human biology already has a thread. :p:
Reply 23
I'm doing Higher Biology and tbh, it's the easiest subject out of the 5 I've taken. I did a past paper yesterday and got 91% so I think I'm pretty confident I'll ace this :biggrin:
Reply 24
RizzyI
I'm doing Higher Biology and tbh, it's the easiest subject out of the 5 I've taken. I did a past paper yesterday and got 91% so I think I'm pretty confident I'll ace this :biggrin:

I guess that means biology is easier than human biology. Damn!
Reply 25
Centaur

There's more info to learn compared to normal biology. :violin:
I couldn't care less about the exam, seriously. The subject is by far the worst I've ever picked. Human Biology that is. :p: I've got AH History the day before it and Modern Studies the day before that. I'll concentrate my studying time on those two, thanks.
Reply 27
Centaur

I don't know about Human Bio, but Bio is one of those subjects where you glance at the textbook and you can absorb the information immediately!! Well, for me anyway :p:
Reply 28
I find Biology harder than Maths or English, that's just me though :p:
Reply 29
Its a funny one the Biology vs Human Biology debate. Human bio does have more to learn, but GENERALLY Biology is believed to be the more difficult(although not my much). It's also desired more by Universities(even though they don't explicitly state this) for the majority of science courses, but when it comes to nursing/medical etc there really isn't much between them.
Reply 30
jackwka
Its a funny one the Biology vs Human Biology debate. Human bio does have more to learn, but GENERALLY Biology is believed to be the more difficult(although not my much). It's also desired more by Universities(even though they don't explicitly state this) for the majority of science courses, but when it comes to nursing/medical etc there really isn't much between them.

Yeah, at my school Human produces more A's. Dunno why I took normal Biology...haha.
I hate biology with a passion, predicted a B but got a C in the prelim. Least i know it's the least important higher i am doing for studying Law :o:
Reply 32
Will they allow phonetic spellings of long words in the exam?
Reply 33
I wonder what the essays will be on...hopefully nothing scary like fluid mosiac models or translation or Krebs etc....Oh God, I hate this subject =\
Reply 34
LuhLah
Will they allow phonetic spellings of long words in the exam?

only if the word isn't one they either decided not to accept wrong spellings of or has other words which may sound the same.
Reply 35
Madjackismad
I couldn't care less about the exam, seriously. The subject is by far the worst I've ever picked. Human Biology that is. :p: I've got AH History the day before it and Modern Studies the day before that. I'll concentrate my studying time on those two, thanks.

I don't care about modern studies anymore. I wanna do better in human biology.
Reply 36
I'm taking this next year how is the course overall?
My Biology teacher thinks that the 2 essays will be on units 1 & 2, with the essay broken down into smaller marks being unit 2, and the straight 10 marker being unit 1.

Don't just assume this is correct though :P
Reply 38
It's not bad though there's a fair amount to remember, i hate Unit 3 though, it's too much like psychology ie an applied science rather than a normal science.
Reply 39
I do psychology aswell. I hate it

Latest

Trending

Trending