The Student Room Group

Higher Biology 2023

Hi!
How’s everybody feeling about the exam next Thursday?
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone sitting the Higher Human Biology Exam on Thursday?
Hey
I’m actually really nervous ! I know a lot of it will be problem solving and i’m worried about the extended responses. How are you feeling?

Original post by TDCTV
Hi!
Reply 3
Original post by Erin.123xx
Hey
I’m actually really nervous ! I know a lot of it will be problem solving and i’m worried about the extended responses. How are you feeling?

I'm so scared. Especially after the exam last year. Lets just hope they're nice to us.
Also apparently they lowered the number of problem solving questions this year, so don't be too worried
Pretty confident, its definitely one of my better subjects

Original post by TDCTV
Hi!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by TDCTV
I'm so scared. Especially after the exam last year. Lets just hope they're nice to us.
Also apparently they lowered the number of problem solving questions this year, so don't be too worried

Yeah I’m really hoping they’re nice!!! They never gave us any help so I hope it’s alright. What do you think the extended response will be?
Reply 6
I sat higher human last year and I'm sitting advanced biology on Thursday. Good luck! Do you feel ready?
Thank you! Good luck to you too!!! I’ve done all the past papers but it’s just remembering everything that’s hard and it’s just luck with what comes up tbh so hopefully the SQA are nice 🙏

Original post by cammy5
I sat higher human last year and I'm sitting advanced biology on Thursday. Good luck! Do you feel ready?
Reply 8
Thank you! Good luck to you too!!! I’ve done all the past papers but it’s just remembering everything that’s hard and it’s just luck with what comes up tbh so hopefully the SQA are nice 🙏

Praying the SQA are nice too! Best of luck
Reply 9
How did people find the exam for Higher Human? I found it pretty good not going to lie, Does anyone have the paper at all?
Reply 10
I do normal and found the exam easy, I managed to count up the marks that I deffo got so i'm sitting at a low A/ high B
I thought it was quite bad tbh. See for the sympathetic nerve question on the heart and small intestine, what did you write?
Original post by Babb_zz
How did people find the exam for Higher Human? I found it pretty good not going to lie, Does anyone have the paper at all?
Original post by TDCTV
I do normal and found the exam easy, I managed to count up the marks that I deffo got so i'm sitting at a low A/ high B

Yeah, normal biology was really easy
Original post by femaiden
yeah, normal biology was really easy

lucky you guys advanced higher was so bad
For the question in section 2 where it asked to name the type of blood vesssel which is causing the heart pain, what did yous write?

I wrote coronary artery.
Also for the question where it asked to make the layer found in arteries and veins?

First I wrote lumen but then changed it to endothelium cells
Original post by Top G(FR)
Also for the question where it asked to make the layer found in arteries and veins?

First I wrote lumen but then changed it to endothelium cells

I said endothelium and coronary artery too!! I made sooo many mistakes throughout the paper tho:frown:
I thought it was quite bad tbh. See for the sympathetic nerve question on the heart and small intestine, what did you write?

Tbh I just waffles for that Q
For the question where it was on about how this high blood pressure could damage the retina or renal?
Original post by Top G(FR)
For the question where it was on about how this high blood pressure could damage the retina or renal?

I said about the haemorrhage of blood vessels in the retina but idk if I’ll get the mark, hope so 🤞there was quite a lot of graphs and tables to analyse too which was annoying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending