The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 1
there is a private halls called victoria halls, which is the closest you can get to uni, literally see the clock tower form your bedroom. I am there next year, its very expensive in comparison to the terrace housing in selly oak. But you ge the security factor, very close to shops and of course in middle of uni life and selly oak and there are a lot of postgraduates. go to www.victoriahall.com i think they still have rooms left, and you cna book online. Otherwise your best bet is to try and get into jarrett hall (university owned) which has the most post grad population around 50-60%, this is again in the same are as victoria hall and has the same amenties around it, including the convenience of university on the doorstep.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
thanx. yah ive checked that. its looking good. how far is victoria hall from the business school?

i also checked with 'the heights' and found out its 45 min bus ride to the uni campus?!
think its quite a distant from the city centre to uni then...
jarratt hall is the one im aiming now but when i spoke to the accommodation office ,didnt seem like i'd get it.
graduate_kc
thanx. yah ive checked that. its looking good. how far is victoria hall from the business school?

i also checked with 'the heights' and found out its 45 min bus ride to the uni campus?!
think its quite a distant from the city centre to uni then...
jarratt hall is the one im aiming now but when i spoke to the accommodation office ,didnt seem like i'd get it.

Victoria halls is a very good option if you have the money for it. I've heard it has a good atmosphere and distnace to anywhere is negligible really ( I think the business school is near the guild about 5mins walk from Victoria) and the business school is probably one of the furthest buidling from Viccy halls youd go to. As for uni accomodation always keep your ears to housing services and dont let them tell you that all places are taken in the halls you want. Last year I was in a block at manor house where only 7 of 15 rooms were filled at the beginning of term and there were at least 20 rooms in the halls that defintely were empty all year so if you want uni accomodation (ideal for a first year) then get on the phone to housing services theres no reason why you shouldnt be able to get a decent place...

Latest

Trending

Trending