The Student Room Group

Post pictures of your dorm room!

Scroll to see replies

LooCee
Ahhhh last week I was reading a version of this topic from something like 06/07, it was like 40 pages long!!! It's nice to see a new one, I'd love to see pics from UEA, there weren't any in the other thread either :frown:

My sister lived in the Student Village in UEA last year I haven't got any pictures but they're almost identical to the pictures posted by Norfolkadam at the beginning of the thread :smile:
Reply 301
Mmmmm so many nice rooms here. I dunno how you make them all so cosy. Whenever I go into one it feels a bit empty.
catandtia
Or Hull? xx

Hull, the lawns.
Thats the only pic i've got thought i had more!
anyone living at leeds uni accomodation who could post pictures? :smile:
Reply 304
LooCee
Ahhhh last week I was reading a version of this topic from something like 06/07, it was like 40 pages long!!! It's nice to see a new one, I'd love to see pics from UEA, there weren't any in the other thread either :frown:

My ex lives in Britten House in UEA, one of the newer en-suite blocks. It's all pretty standard - really similar to the newer rooms already posted.
Reply 305
Pics from Leicester, Warwick will be helpful...
outlaw-torn
anyone living at leeds uni accomodation who could post pictures? :smile:

I'm with you on this one :p: Are there any which you like the look of? I think James Baillie looks nice but then so do Concept Place/Leodis/Opal :rolleyes:

Decisions, decisions, decisions!
Reply 307
kosy91
do you have a link for the older thread???

Just found it for you :biggrin: From 3 years ago! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=7850149
Reply 308

Reply 309
fairy_queen
My sister lived in the Student Village in UEA last year I haven't got any pictures but they're almost identical to the pictures posted by Norfolkadam at the beginning of the thread

BethanW
My ex lives in Britten House in UEA, one of the newer en-suite blocks. It's all pretty standard - really similar to the newer rooms already posted.

Thanks both, that's helpful :biggrin:
Reply 310
LooCee
Just found it for you :biggrin: From 3 years ago! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=7850149

cheers!!!
I can't wait :smile:
taperjeangirl!
I'm with you on this one :p: Are there any which you like the look of? I think James Baillie looks nice but then so do Concept Place/Leodis/Opal :rolleyes:

Decisions, decisions, decisions!

Yeah I like Concept Place and Opal too but I still have no idea which I'm gonna pick :biggrin:
Ladipidoo
No wonder Mena's not impressed. :no:

Do I know you bruv :curious:
Jeester
Dude... It's pink.

It's more of an orange.
lekky
Sorry for the bombardment of questions but...
how did you find cairncross, I've heard it's a lot quieter than Murano.
Did you still find it okay to make friends though, or was everyone a bit antisocial?
Did you choose to share a room?

Haha, no problem! I suppose that's really what the thread is for!

Cairncross is definitely a lot quieter than Murano. Because it's all one hall instead of individual flats it's a lot easier for the security to monitor.

We still had great fun though!

Making friends was really easy, on the first night my room mate and I just wandered about our floor and spoke to everyone we saw. I met all of my best university friends in Cairncross.

I did not choose to share a room, but I also didn't not choose to share a room. I applied for halls really late so I didn't really care, so long as I got something. Sharing a room was fine for me, my room mate was great. It was even better when she dropped out and I got the whole room to myself!! Some other people who were sharing had some bad experiences, but on the whole, considering you are sharing a personal space with someone you've never even met before, it's ok. I think they try to put you with similar people if possible.

I know you didn't ask about this, but I'll say it anyway...

Cairncross had trouble with the water supply the year before I was there, the year I was there, the year after I was there and the year after that. I don't know anyone from halls from this year to ask, but I assume it hasn't been fixed yet. It's ok on every floor apart from the 4th, which is the all girls floor.

The area is really good though, and the cleaners put toilet roll in the toilets every day, unlike Murano where you have to provide your own!

Some kitchens don't have windows, which is fun, but the standard of general cleanliness was good. And by that I mean bathrooms, halls etc. The cleaners work hard in there! (BTW - I mean they clean it to a high standard, but often students are tits and do fun stuff like poo in the showers and what not, and that isn't so nice, but not exactly the fault of the halls).

Erm. I think that's all I can think off for now!
Reply 316
Bun_18
does anybody have any pics of Birmingham accomodation, especially mason?

Thanks OP for starting this, its a great idea :smile:

Yeah I would also like this :smile:
Makaveli_The_Don
Do I know you bruv :curious:

You make me sad, bloody repwhore. :bawling:
LOL mine looks like a prison cell compared to these (literally, it even has the exposed breeze block walls).
siddy_1990

Liking the gaming setup there :smile:

Are you allowed to use your Uni's internet connection for PSN? And if so is it any good for online gaming?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending