The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff accomodation

Hey guys! I'm going to study a Master in Cardiff University so I want to go to private halls preferably located near the University and/or city centre. On my list I have Liberty Severn Point, Lumis, and The West Wing. I have put these as my options because they are affordable and near the centre/uni. However I don't know anything about them so if any of you have lived there i'd really appreciate if you could give me your advice. For example, I know accomodations don't allow or only let you have guests sleep over for 2-3 days... and I have a friend coming over for two weeks and she wants to stay with me so I want to be sure that the accommodation I choose will not kick us both out because she will stay over lol I mean I pay rent anyway haha. So if you ever had friends stay over while you were in any of these dorms it would really help to know what they're like in such cases. Also, do you think these dorms are too far from Cardiff uni or the centre? Are there better ones out there that you can recommend? And because some of these are in the centre, is the noise from the city/traffic disturbing? Or are they safe at night etc? Moreover, are they 'party' dorms or are they just normal/quiet ones? I'm also in the lgbt community so if these dorms are supportive or have many lgbt+ students it'd be great to know! Also, whats the staff like in case there is an issue e.g. flatmates stealing food/wifi not working/noisy etc? Are they helpful? If you can recommend any of these or other accomodations I would really appreciate it. Thank you a lot.
I will also be starting a Masters at Cardiff Uni in September. I'm looking at the West Wing as my top option atm. Its brand new opening in September meaning the cost of the rooms is lower to get people in. They also have a high number of cluster rooms as i'd like a space to share with flat mate as opposed to a studio. My concerns are that it is 20mins walk from uni, a little longer than I would have liked, and that their may be many students from Uni of South Wales (as its closer). I'd opt for West Wing over Lumus because its cheaper. Why did you narrow down to Liberty Severn Point over their other blocks?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey
I’m also thinking of a cluster because it’s cheaper.
Yeah it’s a bit far from the uni.
I have liberty Severn point on my list because I was there on my first year and also because I have a friend who is there.
I’m also kinda worried about making friends at west wing cause in Liberty I do have a friend so I won’t be on my own
Original post by ryancaldon
I will also be starting a Masters at Cardiff Uni in September. I'm looking at the West Wing as my top option atm. Its brand new opening in September meaning the cost of the rooms is lower to get people in. They also have a high number of cluster rooms as i'd like a space to share with flat mate as opposed to a studio. My concerns are that it is 20mins walk from uni, a little longer than I would have liked, and that their may be many students from Uni of South Wales (as its closer). I'd opt for West Wing over Lumus because its cheaper. Why did you narrow down to Liberty Severn Point over their other blocks?
Reply 3
I an ex university tutor & writer who will have a room to rent in autumn term in Llanishen with nearby rail link to centre at university. It would suit a mature Ph.D. student who was looking for tranquil atmosphere (with a garden ) just above Roath Park.
Bills included in rental .Central Heating , broadband etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending