The Student Room Group

Post pictures of your dorm room!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by westy89
I have the same comp case :five:

I can beat you there, I've got the same case and screen :P

Original post by lukejoshjedi
Nice desktop dude. Seems like you have a hefty catalogue of DVDs' htere too, that an alienware computer btw?

No its not, I'm 95% sure that its a self built PC as I don't know of any companies at the moment that use that case.
Original post by llamatastic
I decided to switch to an en-suite, because having my own bathroom was way too tempting. Here's some pictures from Constantine Court, here at Salford. The room chape makes it difficult to take pictures, hence the odd angles.

Where did you get your owl pillow from? It's gorgeous!
Original post by psychocustard
Where did you get your owl pillow from? It's gorgeous!

It's a Sass and Belle owl cushion. I originally got mine for £15 at Affleck's in Manchester, but you can get it from amazon for just over £13. :smile: Urban Outfitters sell it too, but it's horrendously overpriced there - they're charging £25!
Uni of Leicester

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
I decided to switch to an en-suite, because having my own bathroom was way too tempting. Here's some pictures from Constantine Court, here at Salford. The room chape makes it difficult to take pictures, hence the odd angles.

The en-suite is extremely difficult to take a good photo of, so here's a picture of the en-suite door:

Your rooms really pretty :biggrin: I have that cupcake poster!
Original post by SirMasterKey
Uni of Leicester

Spoiler

Which accommodation is that? Does it have ensuite? Is it catered? Excuse all the question! :P
Stenton or mckinder (sorry about spelling) at University of Reading anyone?
Original post by grape:)
Which accommodation is that? Does it have ensuite? Is it catered? Excuse all the question! :P

It's one of the houses that is apart of GMS.
No it doesn't, it's just a standard single room.
Self-Catered.

Any more questions? I'm more than happy to answer them. :smile:
Original post by DellaLouise
Your rooms really pretty :biggrin: I have that cupcake poster!

i want that poster!
where did you get it?
Original post by SirMasterKey
It's one of the houses that is apart of GMS.
No it doesn't, it's just a standard single room.
Self-Catered.

Any more questions? I'm more than happy to answer them. :smile:

Thanks :smile: That's really nice of you, you might find me pm'ing you questions if I get the offer I want :smile: I travelled from Campus to Accommodation by bus, but is the distance bike-worthy or should I just walk it every day? Also, I loved Oadby, and it occurred to me that it was very beautiful, but would you say it's scary at night?... It seems very quiet/unwatched (not that I'm that bothered either way to be honest, just curious) :smile:

Thanks again :smile: xx
Reply 1152
Uni of Lincoln courts

yes my room is messy and one of those photos is actually the view out my window at the moment though it doesn't look to good in the photo as my phones camera is ****. Basically out my window at the moment you can see the canal covered in ice with a canal boat covered in snow and tree's and house's covered in snow in the background it's so christmasy :smile:
Any pics of Oxford or Uni of London?
Reply 1154
Thanks :smile: That's really nice of you, you might find me pm'ing you questions if I get the offer I want :smile: I travelled from Campus to Accommodation by bus, but is the distance bike-worthy or should I just walk it every day? Also, I loved Oadby, and it occurred to me that it was very beautiful, but would you say it's scary at night?... It seems very quiet/unwatched (not that I'm that bothered either way to be honest, just curious) :smile:

Thanks again :smile: xx

Hi Grape,

I still live in Oadby in my 3rd year and have done all 3 years. I do have a bus pass which I use most days although it is very very walkable (takes about 35 mins) and I do often walk it- like today, there and back through the snow with my wellies on!! Its fine. If I was only going into uni once a day, I'd probably just walk it but I can go back and forth about 3 times somedays. Loads of people bike and its fine.

As far as saftey is concerned, I've always always felt perfectly safe at night. I've walked back from uni, alone at 3am before and whilst I was quite worried about doing it (I didn't plan on doing it, the saftey bus which usually runs had stopped so I had little choice) for part of the journey, I knew once I got into Oadby I was fine.

Also, the houses are great. I'm in The Beeches House for the second year in a row and its amazing. It has a hugeeee garden which is especially great fun in the snow, like yesterday and today :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Yep I can see myself doggying girls in some of these rooms
Reply 1156

The en-suite is extremely difficult to take a good photo of, so here's a picture of the en-suite door:

I spotted K.K Slider! :biggrin: Geez, it's been a while since i've played that game...
Original post by QI Elf
Hi Grape,

I still live in Oadby in my 3rd year and have done all 3 years. I do have a bus pass which I use most days although it is very very walkable (takes about 35 mins) and I do often walk it- like today, there and back through the snow with my wellies on!! Its fine. If I was only going into uni once a day, I'd probably just walk it but I can go back and forth about 3 times somedays. Loads of people bike and its fine.

As far as saftey is concerned, I've always always felt perfectly safe at night. I've walked back from uni, alone at 3am before and whilst I was quite worried about doing it (I didn't plan on doing it, the saftey bus which usually runs had stopped so I had little choice) for part of the journey, I knew once I got into Oadby I was fine.

Also, the houses are great. I'm in The Beeches House for the second year in a row and its amazing. It has a hugeeee garden which is especially great fun in the snow, like yesterday and today :smile:

Wow, that's really encouraging, and it sounds so lovely with snow! I think I'll go for the walking in that case, as it'll mean I'll continue to be active and make sure I wake up/leave in time :smile:

Thanks for the all of that :smile: very helpful! I just need that offer now! :eek:
Reply 1158
Wow, that's really encouraging, and it sounds so lovely with snow! I think I'll go for the walking in that case, as it'll mean I'll continue to be active and make sure I wake up/leave in time :smile:

Thanks for the all of that :smile: very helpful! I just need that offer now! :eek:

Walking honestly isn't a problem. Two of my best friends who I live with do it each day, rain or shine. They also walk into town (as I do sometimes aswell) which is an extra mile or so than to uni. They only really really occassionally get the bus in (which costs £3.60 at the moment for a day return) and on nights out we usually just order a taxi between us which comes to about £1 each if you have a taxi full of about 6 people.

When coming back late at night (after say, being out at the union) a saftey bus (just a mini-bus) drops you off outside your house or halls for £2 and I quite often get this. The drivers are all really lovely.

And the snow is unbelieveably pretty in Oadby, especially in the Botanic Gardens. I went a walk in there early yesterday with my friend and it was basically Narnia!
(edited 13 years ago)

I have your duvet :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending