3 mile weighted run [+20kg] at approx 6am

12 mile cycle at approx 11pm
Reply 61
Gone Revising
Cardiovascular Training

3 mile weighted run [+20kg] at approx 6am

12 mile cycle at approx 11pm

Weighted run :awesome: that's pretty good

How is the training going ? Started to see any gains/progress yet ?
Guvnor
Weighted run :awesome: that's pretty good

How is the training going ? Started to see any gains/progress yet ?

lol, it was a moment of inspiration.

So far i am not seeing a phenomenal amount of change. Im remaining around the same weight, but my delts are coming out more than on ss and im seeing a tiny bit more definition in my legs and abdominals.

How is your training going?
Reply 63
Gone Revising
lol, it was a moment of inspiration.

So far i am not seeing a phenomenal amount of change. Im remaining around the same weight, but my delts are coming out more than on ss and im seeing a tiny bit more definition in my legs and abdominals.

How is your training going?

:biggrin: Lol naa its good I wish I could run more then I can at the moment, well I have started to again but will take some getting used to especially after many years of chain smoking. Thats why when you mentioned weighted runs, reminded me of army style running, soldiering it out :yy:

That's pretty good then that your seeing some kind of gains, my gains are coming out quite well tbh, everything is going up, weights plus strength, I eat more I lift more, but other then that my body is filling out nicely, t-shirt sizes have gone from large to extra large and sometimes xxl, but I am enjoying it now, just need to keep going.

Ive got my log up too, come check it out sometime, could do with some opinions at times.

:yy:
Guvnor
:biggrin: Lol naa its good I wish I could run more then I can at the moment, well I have started to again but will take some getting used to especially after many years of chain smoking. Thats why when you mentioned weighted runs, reminded me of army style running, soldiering it out :yy:

That's pretty good then that your seeing some kind of gains, my gains are coming out quite well tbh, everything is going up, weights plus strength, I eat more I lift more, but other then that my body is filling out nicely, t-shirt sizes have gone from large to extra large and sometimes xxl, but I am enjoying it now, just need to keep going.

Ive got my log up too, come check it out sometime, could do with some opinions at times.

:yy:

If im being honest, i do miss the weight increases that i was getting a month or to ago, but i was GOMADing then and spending a lot of money on food, i shall have another push for mass in july i think.

I do read your blog, i read every strength/ mass related blog and have done since i started posting in fitness in august. I simply dont always know what to add to that which others have said, i dont always feel that i have enough weight to comment, lol,
Reply 65
Gone Revising
If im being honest, i do miss the weight increases that i was getting a month or to ago, but i was GOMADing then and spending a lot of money on food, i shall have another push for mass in july i think.

I do read your blog, i read every strength/ mass related blog and have done since i started posting in fitness in august. I simply dont always know what to add to that which others have said, i dont always feel that i have enough weight to comment, lol,

Well the problem I found with eating too much, if I eat too much in one go i.e a meal my stomach would pop out and I would feel bloated, so now I try to eat in smaller portions but more frequently. I have also noticed if I eat well then the workout goes well too, when I don't then I struggle with the weights especially when tired and not eating properly, but then I wonder how the hell did warriors/gladiators and athletes back in the day manage ? As they weren't eating all the time :confused:

But I am enjoying the workouts, plus I also love playing about with the reps, I go with my body, revise and improvise and yeah hell yeah it works.

Oh really :eek: I was under the impression I might have a different blog as most blogs on here are focusing towards different things, well were all learners here and there is no harm in diving into discussion and getting it all wrong, just my two cents plus I think thats the only way one learns :p: So feel free to add any comments :smile:
Guvnor
Well the problem I found with eating too much, if I eat too much in one go i.e a meal my stomach would pop out and I would feel bloated, so now I try to eat in smaller portions but more frequently. I have also noticed if I eat well then the workout goes well too, when I don't then I struggle with the weights especially when tired and not eating properly, but then I wonder how the hell did warriors/gladiators and athletes back in the day manage ? As they weren't eating all the time :confused:

But I am enjoying the workouts, plus I also love playing about with the reps, I go with my body, revise and improvise and yeah hell yeah it works.

Oh really :eek: I was under the impression I might have a different blog as most blogs on here are focusing towards different things, well were all learners here and there is no harm in diving into discussion and getting it all wrong, just my two cents plus I think thats the only way one learns :p: So feel free to add any comments :smile:

I find that when im doing a lot of cardio, i find it hard to eat enough to gain. I work in Mcds and was GOMADing, but when i was training for my half marathon, gains were rediculously slow. I enoy the eating, m just saving my money for a holiday atm lol.

I shall be sure to comment in your blog in the future :smile:
Reply 67
Gone Revising
I find that when im doing a lot of cardio, i find it hard to eat enough to gain. I work in Mcds and was GOMADing, but when i was training for my half marathon, gains were rediculously slow. I enoy the eating, m just saving my money for a holiday atm lol.

I shall be sure to comment in your blog in the future :smile:

Sounds quite odd to be honest :confused: In reality it should be the other way round. Perhaps try drinking more fluid/water

Well it is quite hard to bulk especially when your training for a marathon :biggrin: , I have never seen built long distance runners most of them are very skinny in their pencil vests its the sprinters that look built to some extent.

Lol, where you planning to head off to ?

Nice one bro :top2:
Guvnor
Sounds quite odd to be honest :confused: In reality it should be the other way round. Perhaps try drinking more fluid/water

Well it is quite hard to bulk especially when your training for a marathon :biggrin: , I have never seen built long distance runners most of them are very skinny in their pencil vests its the sprinters that look built to some extent.

Lol, where you planning to head off to ?

Nice one bro :top2:

Right now im on halfGOMAD, which i drink in one sitting before work lol, im just letting my weight stabilise.

Im off to egypt in a couple of months, its going to be great.
Reply 69
Gone Revising
Right now im on halfGOMAD, which i drink in one sitting before work lol, im just letting my weight stabilise.

Im off to egypt in a couple of months, its going to be great.

Egypt :awesome:

I know a few people that have been and they had the time of their lives there :cool:

I am sure it will be :yy:
ME Upper

BB Incline Bench, 50kg, 5 PB
DB Bench, 25kg, 6 6 PB

DB Rows, 25kg, 8 8 8 PB
Supersetted with
Rear Delt Flyes, 10kg, 8 8 8 PB

DB Shrugs, 37.5kg, 15 15 12 PB
BB Curls, 30kg, 7 7 7 PB

Additional Notes;

I had a good workout, i enjoyed it, but wouldve liked more reps from the DB Bench.
Reply 71
Going well :smile:
Going well :smile:

Thanks mate, have you had physio yet?
Reply 73
Gone Revising
Thanks mate, have you had physio yet?

Na won't be until early may :frown:

Been a bit ill the last few days too and exceptionally busy until 23rd of april with uni work. Will start gym again then I think :biggrin:
Na won't be until early may :frown:

Been a bit ill the last few days too and exceptionally busy until 23rd of april with uni work. Will start gym again then I think :biggrin:

I hope that youre feeling better soon.Will be good to see your progress again, i was enjoying our little competition. Will you be SSing again, or something different?
Reply 75
Gone Revising
I hope that youre feeling better soon.Will be good to see your progress again, i was enjoying our little competition. Will you be SSing again, or something different?

SS probably, it'll change depending on how my progression goes though...

We can't really compete as much now you're doing such different exercises :eek3: not to mention my lifts have probably gone back down to where i started :lol:
SS probably, it'll change depending on how my progression goes though...

We can't really compete as much now you're doing such different exercises :eek3: not to mention my lifts have probably gone back down to where i started :lol:

We could still compete with the good old squat, lol, although my progress is slower on this routine.
Reply 77
Gone Revising
We could still compete with the good old squat, lol, although my progress is slower on this routine.

Pfft thats the last exercise i want to compete with :lol:
ME Lower A

Back Squat, 90kg, 5
DB Split Squat, 25kg, 6 6 6 PB
Glute Ham Raise, +10kg, 8 8 8 PB
Decline Situp, +20kg, 10 10 10

Additional Notes;

Twice i only got one rep at 110kg back squat, possibly need a little reset given my lack of proper squating recently. Everything else was fine and the situps were much easier than last time.
Cardiovascular Training

4 mile run at approx 4.30am

Quick Reply

Latest